Speaking One's Mind

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sexyheather
Veteran

Re: Speaking One's Mind

Post by sexyheather »

many of you are missing my entire point. it's not just about her, and i DONT think its right that she told a mod to F off. i even said i believe she did things that were out of line and ban-worthy. HOWEVER, i think there were many other things that were held against her that shouldn't have been, and i was using her case as an example to illustrate what i think goes on too much around here with other people who don't necessarily tell mods to f off, but only bluntly express their opinions and get crap for it.
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Heather, with the "debate" thing, I was responding to your post, not the situation with pokemongi. I do think there are issues that need to be resolved, but I don't think the situation is as bad as you are portraying it. Could you maybe come up with some more examples?
-Sam!
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

i wasnt necessarily referring to you, and it's not just THIS situation im referring to. i dont know how i can get that across. it's the disrespect for clashing opinions in general that angers me and people like mail order jesus. ive been hearing crap like this from people for a while now who get mad about being attacked for their controversial ideas and to me that is a big deal because this should be the one place people can go to really express themselves without feeling judged.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by sexyheather@Aug 4 2003, 04:26 PM

i wasnt necessarily referring to you, and it's not just THIS situation im referring to. i dont know how i can get that across. it's the disrespect for clashing opinions in general that angers me and people like mail order jesus. ive been hearing crap like this from people for a while now who get mad about being attacked for their controversial ideas and to me that is a big deal because this should be the one place people can go to really express themselves without feeling judged.

I agree, but shouldn't those controversial ideas be phrased in a way that is as un-offensive as possible?
-Sam!
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

absolutely! haven't i been saying that the whole time?
RSanchez15
Loyal

Post by RSanchez15 »

Quotes & Such:

"When an Angel is forced out of Heaven, It becomes a Devil"

"...She is like an Angel from the Underworld... Or a Devil from Paradise..."

My Linkage:

Advice Central: This is my personal advice community. It is small but I am hoping you will help it grow larger. AdviceCentral.Org :D
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

Originally posted by Dustin+Aug 4 2003, 06:46 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Dustin @ Aug 4 2003, 06:46 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by PurplePoemPuppet@Aug 4 2003, 02:29 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Dustin
@Aug 4 2003, 09:38 AM

She also told a moderator to f off.

Sometimes our mods need to be told to f off. They aren't saints either ya know.

Well that is against the rules. I am sorry if you feel the ban was made unfairly but the user will be unbanned in 2 weeks.[/b][/quote]

If that is against the rules, then there should also b a rule w/ mods disrespecting other members. If we did some of the things mods do we would have gotten banned. and If we didnt let ppl speak there minds in a topic, i know a mod will go in there and say, its just an opinion. Just b/c some1 is a mod, doesnt give them the right to b a hypocrite and do the same thing that they are telliing us not to do. wat i jus said might b confusing, sry if it is.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by itsme+Aug 4 2003, 04:35 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (itsme @ Aug 4 2003, 04:35 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Dustin@Aug 4 2003, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by PurplePoemPuppet@Aug 4 2003, 02:29 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Dustin
@Aug 4 2003, 09:38 AM

She also told a moderator to f off.

Sometimes our mods need to be told to f off. They aren't saints either ya know.

Well that is against the rules. I am sorry if you feel the ban was made unfairly but the user will be unbanned in 2 weeks.
If that is against the rules, then there should also b a rule w/ mods disrespecting other members. If we did some of the things mods do we would have gotten banned. and If we didnt let ppl speak there minds in a topic, i know a mod will go in there and say, its just an opinion. Just b/c some1 is a mod, doesnt give them the right to b a hypocrite and do the same thing that they are telliing us not to do. wat i jus said might b confusing, sry if it is.[/b][/quote]

That's true, but sometimes mods need to use their authority to cross certain lines and deal with situations.
-Sam!
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

look i dont think anyone should disrespect anyone. if people in here just respected each other for having different opinions, mods and members alike, then we wouldn't have this problem. i just simply am asking bot mods and members who read this to think before they get offended when someone has a different point of view than they do. feel free to speak your mind too, but do so respectfully and understandingly of different ideas and beliefs.
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

Originally posted by Sammy@Aug 4 2003, 08:38 PM

That's true, but sometimes mods need to use their authority to cross certain lines and deal with situations.

you're talking about something completely different than my topic sammy. there are lines crossed and that's when disrespect is involved, but that's not what im referring to. im referring to times when mods treat a difference in opinion as a disrespectful statement.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I guess that's true, but then how do you put a stop to it?
-Sam!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I go with my gut instinct most of the time, and try to ruffle as few feathers as possible.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Ruffling few feathers is good, but sometimes that is confused with what is fair. Like Heather said, what the minority thinks is to be respected. What the majority thinks isn't always right.
-Sam!
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

You guys really are a piece of work. The admins that is.

I can't stand most of you with your ways. You're banning people for speaking their minds and then acting as if it's right.

You should know better, most of you. You've been here long enough to know that's not how teenhelp works. Teens all think differently they have a right to say what THEY THINK will help.

And if you've got the balls to post your problem then get the balls to read the replies, even if you don't like the answers!
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

(My post got into a mess)

Sammy, please think before you type.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by fruitloop@Aug 4 2003, 05:03 PM

I was afraid that might confuse someone. I think trying to keep people happy is a good thing, but not at the expense of what is fair. How do you like that?
-Sam!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I meant, that I have a lot of difficulty trying to make out the original point of your post. You get scrambled, and then I just think you're postwhoring.
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Originally posted by Sammy+Aug 4 2003, 09:05 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Sammy @ Aug 4 2003, 09:05 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-fruitloop@Aug 4 2003, 05:03 PM

I was afraid that might confuse someone. I think trying to keep people happy is a good thing, but not at the expense of what is fair. How do you like that?[/b][/quote]

Fairness isn't usually used here. So how can you justify which expense you'd rather take.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Just because it's not doesn't mean it shouldn't be Emily, things can change.
-Sam!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Sammy, I don't think you should really be saying anymore on this subject now.