Mean People Suck!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sugarhigh543
Loyal

Mean People Suck!

Post by sugarhigh543 »

i was sittin in w/ some of my friends in study hall today when a freshman walked by and sat at a nearby table. he's short, chubby, has glasses, and doesnt have many friends. my friends began loudly making fun of him, laughing, and just overall being really mean and immature. i could tell he heard what they were saying, and i felt horrible. i didnt just let it slide, i spoke up and told them that what they were saying was really mean and that i felt bad. they just played it off like it was no big deal, and i was over reacting, and said i needed to stop "being so nice". w/e... i dont care what they say, people shouldnt be talked to like that just because of their looks! they claim that he has a bad personality as well, so he deserves it, but thats not fair b/c there are "hott" "popular" guys in our school who are complete a$$es and no one talks to them like that! i mean if someone does something purposly that directly hurts you, thats one thing, but just picking on someone you dont even know jsut because how they look, thats just wrong and sooo many people in my school and all over do it. i just felt really bad, its terrible how people find pleasure in putting down others, i hope the poor kid didnt get really hurt by this, he should ignore their dumb remarks. im just glad i didnt fall into the peer pressure and start making fun of him too. the old me from a few years ago would've done that but now i have no problem standing up for myself and for others. just thought i'd share that lil story, im pretty proud of myself for doin that and sickened by my friends cruelty...
"IN SPITE OF EVERYTHING, I STILL BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE TRULEY ARE GOOD AT HEART" - Anne Frank[/b]
Sky
Veteran

Re: Mean People Suck!

Post by Sky »

u did the right thing... that is really hard 2 speak up 4 some1 !!!
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

good job! no one deserves to be treated like that. just think they dont know what the poor kids been through they couldve made his day worse, but im sure you made his day better by standing up for him :) good job!!!
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
frost
Loyal

Post by frost »

yup, as others have said before

u've done the right thing ^^

don't let it slide..

u weren't being "too nice"

it's just common courtesy...

looks can really be deceiving..
Trying to find my way out..

but the rain keeps getting in the way..
heatherleigh13
Loyal

Post by heatherleigh13 »

I applaud you for standing up and saying something about it... and yes, mean people do suck!
?~?Heather?~?
Havoc78
Loyal

Post by Havoc78 »

yes mean people do suck if you wanna see what i went threw my whole damn life just look at this and read you dont got to but to understand how people feel when some one makes fun of them :ph34r:
She will never know that im the best she'll never have.-BOWLING FOR SOUP

do you really wanna be like them. do you really wanna be another trend. do you wanna be a part of the crowd.

cause i dont ever wanna be you dont ever wanna be just like you-Good Charlotte