Best Year

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
sexyheather
Veteran

Best Year

Post by sexyheather »

8th was by far the best for me. its when i made a lot of great friends and started growing up without being TOO grown up yet.
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: Best Year

Post by Jaegermeister »

FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE ROCKS!

My one complaint though is... in Kindergarten there was nap time but no one wanted to take a nap. So now, I'm in college, and I would kill for a good hour long nap, but oh no, there's no fuckin nap time! :angry:

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

My best year was last year - 4th Year as it's called here. It was good because I now have an amazing set of friends, I became more secure (which unravelled as the holidays started) and I had a fantastic set of teachers who I'm quite friendly with now :) It also followed an exceptionally bad year, which made it all the sweeter
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Ashley
Loyal

Post by Ashley »

So far mine was also 8th grade....Everyone at my school was like a lil family who pissed off the teachers frequently....hehe...and I was really happy that year because I made a whole bunch of awesome new friends. My friends before that were idiots. :rolleyes:
yzarc
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by sexyheather@Aug 5 2003, 12:03 PM

8th was by far the best for me. its when i made a lot of great friends and started growing up without being TOO grown up yet.

That was my worst year by far. I hated 7th too. Kindergarten was great, and so was first grade. Second was okay. I loved third, and fourth sucked. Fifth was WONDERFUL, Sixth was pretty darn good. Now I'm going to be a Freshman. I'm doing null vote.
-Sam!
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

i nulled my vote, because 8th grade and 9th grade were the best of them all...

the worst by far has been sophmore. bleh. getting kicked out of school doesnt do anything good to the school year. :'(
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
Dino
Loyal

Post by Dino »

8th grade was the worse for me (but then I found this site, so its not all bad)

i dont remember much before 8th grade but i guess 9th grades the best i ever had... or maybe 1~3 grade? I dont really know. but I chose the most recent one.
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Grade 8, I met Tori for the first time :P

Grade 9, went out with Tori for the first and still only time.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

12th grade...was the best. I had so much fun, now that's it's over and I may never see a lot of my classmates again...it was real emotional at graduation.

So, I'd definetly say my senior year was the best.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Ninth grade was best for me! I started up marching band, made a ton of new friends, shifted around a little, I had great classes with great people and great teachers, and I developed more of a social life (at least at the beginning of the year). It was uberfun particularly after the stale boring eighth grade year I had with a bitch principal. So much more freedom, so many more people I got to see, so much more I got to do.. It was definitely my best. (And I'm not a freak, there were parts I DEFINITELY hated, but for the most part it was fun.)

This year I hope will be even better. Most of my friends can drive (I'm young in my grade, and a lot of them are juniors now), we have a huge amount of new people in marching band, I'm doing other extracurriculars, and I've become less worried about social standings and stuff. I'm really looking forward to this year. At the same time not because next year I'll be a junior so my good friends will be seniors and that'll suck because the next year they'll be gone and I'll be miserable. :wacko: If I don't think about it it won't happen, right?
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

6th grade was my best
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
MenaceToSociety
Loyal

Post by MenaceToSociety »

I liked kindergarten. Because I've always had a very big imagination and I love to "play pretend" and in kindergarten that kind of thing was actually accepted. I liked playing house at school. I've never been allowed to play pretend in school since unless it's been acting in plays and stuff. I also liked nap time. I think since we start school at 7:05 in high school where I live we should get nap time... but I guess they figure we can do that when we get home because we get out at 1:50... Kindergarten rocked though. And kindergarten had its own little scent to it too... I'll be going somewhere, sniffing around and saying, "It smells like kindergarten in here." lol people think i'm crazy.
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

8th, 9th, a part of the 10th and the last part of 11th.

11th is our last school year.

Different countries, different systems.
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
falling
Loyal

Post by falling »

i don't know what grade, but my best school year was year 8...if anyone can translate......?
i know what i feel, but i'm afraid to show it, inside, so real, no one else could know it, the whole truth and no lies, cutting deeper i can hear my soul cry, come on testify.
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

high school roox at Northtowne GO HORNETS WOOT WOOT
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

And kindergarten had its own little scent to it too... I'll be going somewhere, sniffing around and saying, "It smells like kindergarten in here." lol people think i'm crazy.
i think kindergarten has a smell too!!!!!! its werid its like u can't describe it but i kno it when u smell it.

i think the best year for me was 7th grade because i had a really fun english and science teacher and it wasn't that hard at all and we got to go to ceder point :D i didn't like it that much when i was in it but looking back it was one of the better years of year for me so far. maybe high school will hold better ones........
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
Sosa
Loyal

Post by Sosa »

9th grade was has been the best so far.so many drugs in my school and i still did good in my classes.except had this one biology teacher who held me after class so many times and gave me talks about smoking and doin drugs.damn that pissed me off so much i couldnt of cared less about wat she had to say to me.plus i met so many people
Daddys_Lil_Defect
Loyal

Post by Daddys_Lil_Defect »

I've always liked school. Ive got sooo many good memories.

Junior Kindergarten - Grade 3 - Made soo many friends that i will never forget

Grade 4 - Had the best teacher ever, we made a castle in our class, a pond with tadpoles, frogs, fish and turtles

Grade 5 - Had friend troubles, but still a good year...its when we all started changing

Grade 6 - My class grew so close by then and we had so much fun together

Grade 7 - Thats when i started having problems...smoking, etc. but my friends were there for me thru it all

Grade 8 - Was amazing...we never did any work because our teacher was always gone, and we spent so much time together because after graduation, we'd be going to 6 different high schools...

*i didnt even mention all the sports teams i was on in b/t grade 4 and 8...thatwas so much fun!

Grade 9 - i missed my old friends, but quickly made new friends

Grade 10 - had so much fun..with really easy classes and amazing friends :)

Grade 11....gonna find out soon!!!
sOcCeRoCkEr04
Loyal

Post by sOcCeRoCkEr04 »

kindergarten because it was in virginia where i used to live and when you are little nothing really mattered...i miss those days :'(
keEP on keepING on--

livejournal add me to your friend list *if you wish...

(cause i need you now more than ever before)

-->love the ones you got<--

" i watched the one i love leave me to love someone else, right in front of me, without saying a word. that, is what i consider the worst kind of love. "