My Cat.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Yummypunkpie
Loyal

My Cat.

Post by Yummypunkpie »

Well, I live near this mini-woods thing, and cats useally get lost and end up running to my house, exspeacially the really fully ones because they're useally the rich peoples cat's that are never aloud outside and when they do they get lost. So I take them in. I caught this one cat named Lil-Moo. She had a collar on so fight and frayed that no fur was growing around her neck. This was two years ago and she still has less hair on her neck then she doese the rest of her body. October last year she ate poisen and lost her kittens (she was pregant) Her mouth got all fucked up but it's been a year and you can't even notice, it's healed up real well. But her claws are REALLY sharp. I swear to god those things could cut though metal. The very first time I picked her up (two years ago) she scratched me and I bled for three days and still have scars. She peed on my Dad twice while he was sleeping so she hasn't been alowed in sence. And I was thinking if she got pregnant again (wich I don't know if she could because of the poisen) Would she hurt the babies with her claws? I can't get them cut because my dad wont take her to the vet because he hates her... but, what do you think? I feed her every day outside, so she's okay living there. And have you had any pets like mine with a "trobled" past? Lil-Moo kind of reminds me of me in a way.
Rain falls on everyone,

The same old rain,

and I'm just trying to,

Walk with you,

Between the rain drops.

-Smashing Pumpkins
Yummypunkpie
Loyal

Re: My Cat.

Post by Yummypunkpie »

Yea but my cat Chocolate (Coa-Coa's mother and I still have Coa-Coa) Well, Chocolate would pat her kittens if they got to far away, and she'd hold them still while cleaning them, would Lil-Moo hurt them if she did the same thing?
Rain falls on everyone,

The same old rain,

and I'm just trying to,

Walk with you,

Between the rain drops.

-Smashing Pumpkins
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Cats' claws are naturally sharp so I'm sure she would no to not even stick out her claws while handling the babies. Your cat sounds ferral (wild). Just becasue the cat had a collar on doesn't mean that she hasn't been outside probably most of her whole life before she came to you. She probably had the collar put on her when she was a kitten and then escaped and grew into it. Either that or it was a very cruel person like those on Animal Precinct :( I wouldn't let your cat get pregnant again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she doesn't sound like she has a good temperment, she was a stray so who knows what kind of diseases/parasites/other health problems she has that she could pass on to the kittens, and since she already killed her other litter, even if she can get pregnant again there could be serious health problems w. these ones. Also, ALL cats should have shots and a full vet check up before getting bred, so if you parents won't take her to the vet I highly suggest you don't even keep her ;) I'm not trying to be mean, but I mean the cat deserves a right to treatment and she could have a much better home with someone who could love her (not to say u don't love her), not hate her like your parents.

Hope I helped and please don't take me as rude :)
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Yummypunkpie
Loyal

Post by Yummypunkpie »

Hes claws are long and they stick out all the time. Shes a very good cat though.. she so friendly and runs up to me when I call her.. and she rubs up against my leg.. I can't help it if she gets pregnate again, my Dad wont let her in the house. I'm not trieng to breed her.. she lvies outside with a lot of other cats. It's not my falt I can't get her shots.. it's my "dads"
Rain falls on everyone,

The same old rain,

and I'm just trying to,

Walk with you,

Between the rain drops.

-Smashing Pumpkins
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by Yummypunkpie@Aug 9 2003, 04:53 PM

Hes claws are long and they stick out all the time. Shes a very good cat though.. she so friendly and runs up to me when I call her.. and she rubs up against my leg.. I can't help it if she gets pregnate again, my Dad wont let her in the house. I'm not trieng to breed her.. she lvies outside with a lot of other cats. It's not my falt I can't get her shots.. it's my "dads"
Oh I understand it's not your fault, but what the hell is up w/ your dad? (n/o) :huh: No cat should be left outside especially when it could get pregnant. Does your dad just not like animals in general? Man, I really don't know what I would do if I were you. I'd probably save up my money to get her spayed ;)

But good luck whatever you choose! :)
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I don't think you have anything to worry about at all.

Pregnancy and raising kittens is in their brain, they know what they're doing naturally.

Plus, the claws have little indents in the paws where they kind of curl in.. The claws are only showing when they feel threatened or they're going to use them for something.

I'm sure the cat knows better when she has her kittens.

Don't worry to much over it, if you she gets pregnant again and you're still worried about it, just go to the vets office and ask her about it. I'm sure she can fill you in on it and if there's something you should be doing

Good luck!
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Yummypunkpie
Loyal

Post by Yummypunkpie »

Yea I know, my "dad" is an asshole.... he hates everything.
Rain falls on everyone,

The same old rain,

and I'm just trying to,

Walk with you,

Between the rain drops.

-Smashing Pumpkins
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

lol... Don't worry about it.

Just go around him IF the time comes and ask her/him about it.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

there's no way of u getting the cat to the vet on ur own? u should be able to take the cat to the vet when she needs to go. does he not want to go cuz of the money? if so i doubt it costs much to get her nails clipped; you could raise enough for that. btw i moved this just cuz general topics are supposed to relate to TH kinda things so i thot it was more appropriate in chitchat
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
She Lay Gutted
Veteran

Post by She Lay Gutted »

ur cat sounds like my dog. hes always peeing on ppl fer no reason
"So when I disapear,

She will still be here...

Sifting my remains through the ashes.

She's not ordinary.

She's just. like. me." - Bottom Feeder [Project 86]

Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

if so i doubt it costs much to get her nails clipped; you could raise enough for that.
:surrender: Cats that live outdoors should NEVER be declawed! What would they do if they were to be attacked by a dog, another cat, or other predator? Worse, what about a gang of terrible animal abusers? The cat's only escape is up a tree. Please don't declaw her :(

Yummypunkpie
Loyal

Post by Yummypunkpie »

I can't get her declawed because of my Dad, and I don't have a car or anything, I'm only 14.
Rain falls on everyone,

The same old rain,

and I'm just trying to,

Walk with you,

Between the rain drops.

-Smashing Pumpkins
sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather »

Originally posted by Kiyotie@Aug 10 2003, 05:29 PM

if so i doubt it costs much to get her nails clipped; you could raise enough for that.

:surrender: Cats that live outdoors should NEVER be declawed! What would they do if they were to be attacked by a dog, another cat, or other predator? Worse, what about a gang of terrible animal abusers? The cat's only escape is up a tree. Please don't declaw her :(

not even a trim? what if she were to break it on something and it got all bloody which would risk infection? then yummy couldn't take her to the vet to help her out.
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."