The Scarlet Letter And Huckleberry Finn

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Jess
Veteran

The Scarlet Letter And Huckleberry Finn

Post by Jess »

:surrender:i have procrastinated until the last 12 hours before school begins to do this assignment :'( i just got done reading the scarlet letter and am familiar with huckleberry finn, but have yet to make it past page 32. :( i have to answer the following questions about them using specific examples, quotes, page numbers...etc. i think im going to commit suicide over this. it's insane. if ANYone can help me, i'd greatly appreciate it. :crying:

1. Describe the plot structure of the piece. What major events cause change, progression, digression etc.?

2. Identify the setting(s). Include when and where major events take place throughout the plot. What influence does the setting have on the characters, actions, and conflicts?

3. Identify and characterize the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s).

4. Identify major conflict(s), the nature of the struggle(s), the resolution to the struggle(s), and the effect of the conflict(s) on the work as a whole.

5. Characterize and explain the role(s) of important characters other than the protagonist(s) and the antagonist(s). (foils, confidant, etc.)

6. Identify 2-3 themes present in the work. List at least 5-6 examples throughout the plot where each theme is dealt with (character action, dialogue, narrator commentary, etc.) Be specific.

7. From what point of view is the story narrated? Do you think this point of view is effective? Why or why not?

8. Note any unusual features of the work (for example, symbols, motifs, irony, etc.). What effect does each specific feature have on the whole story/plot?

:sweating:

-jess
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
fightforjay99
Loyal

Re: The Scarlet Letter And Huckleberry Finn

Post by fightforjay99 »

on line look up the book they have little summaries that help and quotes to trust me it works sorry not much help i am reading that book 4 school 2 and am only on the 5th chapter
Bite ME im a tormented individual

whats one more fall when ur me whats one more skinned knee to bleed

Open your eyes and find urself. Before u decide where u belong decide if that is the only place u want to hide. A place to hide and to dry all the tears away
whats one more place flee
fightforjay99
Loyal

Post by fightforjay99 »

and no assignment is worth suicide
Bite ME im a tormented individual

whats one more fall when ur me whats one more skinned knee to bleed

Open your eyes and find urself. Before u decide where u belong decide if that is the only place u want to hide. A place to hide and to dry all the tears away
whats one more place flee
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

Originally posted by fightforjay99@Aug 10 2003, 08:02 PM

and no assignment is worth suicide

lol i know...i was just pretty damned stressed when i wrote that. :sweating:
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

I'm assuming you got it done? Or else I would help you... lol??
There's always someone cooler than you