Wanna Hear Cruelty?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Wanna Hear Cruelty?

Post by Kiyotie »

I'm only writing this to get it off my chest and let my problems be more known.

Last year I had to wear a wig to school because I pull my hair out. Long story. So the year before that one (freshman year) I had just started pulling my hair out and had a few bald spots. Like most people with trich I woud pull the hair out, look at it, and feel it. (This was before I started eating the roots) :'(

Anway, in Social Studies there was this ASSHOLE named Brandon. He sat about 2 rows over from me and one day he started watching me pull my hair out in class (which I only do when I'm extremely stressed or something). When I looked at him really quick he just kept staring at me like I was a FREAK. After about 10 minutes I could see out of the corner of my eye he was immitating me; pretending to search through his head and look at his fingers then eat what was on them like he was a MONKEY!!! :crying: I started crying quietly to myself...what else could I do? THEN, I could hear him, he told his "friend" to watch me to do it again. I, of course, didn't do it just to prove his friend wrong and not give him the satisfaction. But a while later when the teacher left the room for a minute, Brandon shouted out to the class "GOING BALD!"

Whenever I saw him last year w/ my wig on he would just stare at me like he wanted to laugh. I CAN'T GO THROUGH THIS SHIT AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!

God, reading that post again makes me want to KILL MYSELF!!! :crying: :crying: :crying:
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
princess_of_everything
Loyal

Re: Wanna Hear Cruelty?

Post by princess_of_everything »

hun, some ppl have a hard time realizing that other ppl have problems that they cannot help. as hard as it may be, try ur best to ignore him. if he says anything else to humiliate u, shrug it off. u won't have to deal with him for the rest of ur life. don't let some ass make u want to kill urself. itz not ur fault, and if he can't realize that, then hez stupid. try ur best to enjoy ur school year.
everything is okay in the end. if it's not okay, then it's not the end.
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

That was a whole year ago. You've grown in that year, your're more mature and more confident, and you KNOW that you shouldnt listen to bullies like this.

You said yourself that he is an ass, and you know how much you are worth. Keep on being the strong person that you are, you can get through this.
blah~blah
Loyal

Post by blah~blah »

What an ASSHOLE!!!! wow i'm really sorry that happened to you! I can't believe there are people like that in the world. try not to pay attention to people like that, i know it is hard, especially when something like that happens, but just think, someday, he will be pumping your gas :D :lol:
Have you ever tried to step in my shoes?

Have you ever tried to balance on that beam?

And if you ever tried to step in my shoes

They'll never be quite as soft as they seem.

-incubus
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Kiyotie!! :)

Whenever I read a message like yours - I wish I could DO something to make everything better. I'd love to [in this case] magically appear in that classroom and sit in the seat NEXT to 'Brandon'. I would scare the crap out of him. [and I could - believe me!!] But - I can't do that - unfortunately. The most I can do is TRY to help you SEE 'Brandon' for what HE is. [as princess_of_everything, archers_angel and blah~blah tried to do - and successfully if you ask me!!] 'Brandon' is - obviously - a very insecure young man. So much so that he feels compelled to elevate himself by knocking others [you in this case] 'down'. The 'Brandons' of the world don't know any better. Unfortunately - YOU just happen to be 'Brandons' target. [or one of them - at least] But don't take it personally. It's NOT about YOU - and that's the toughest 'truth' to grab a hold of. See 'Brandon' for who he is. In fact - have sympathy for him. [as odd as that may sound] Poor 'Brandon'. How sad it must be for HIM to be THAT lacking in self confidence.

You said, "Whenever I saw him last year w/ my wig on he would just stare at me like he wanted to laugh." Let me assure you of something - it was never YOU that he 'wanted to laugh' at. It was HIM. Much of life is like 'Alice in Wonderland'. 'Things' in life are often the complete opposite of what they APPEAR to be.

I hope this makes!! [and I hope it helps]

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I knew someone like this.

My town is remotely small and most people know everything about everyone. I don't have trich, but I do self harm which also leaves nasty results as your disorder does.

One of the boys who hadn't been at my school long, Kevin, say my wrists and looked at me like I was the biggest freak he'd ever met. Then he'd make lude comments about and one day in science, we were doing something with these sharp little knife things and he put on next me and said I'd probably need.

I, like you, started to cry to myself. But over time I started to realize that it wasn't my fault that he had to pick on me, and that I shouldn't let it get to.

The more I didn't cry and the better comments I had to come back at him with, the more he stopped. It also took alot of help from my friends who said people like him don't matter.

So now, I'm telling you, people like Brandon and Kevin do not matter and should not make us feel bad about ourselves. Sometimes we get addicted to things and can't help ourselves, but we're both trying. It's not up to them to dictate what we do, and make fun of us for doing it.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Wow, thanks so much guys for all the help. I feel a lot better :) Craig, I wish you could have been there...that would have been humerous :P What would I do without you all? :wub:
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.