High Skewl?!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
*Bunnie-Babie*
Loyal

High Skewl?!

Post by *Bunnie-Babie* » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:16 pm

Hey Everyone!

I'm goin into highskewl, anyone got any tips fer anythin or anythin they wanna share wit me!?

Thx *much luv*

x0x0
filling up on heartaches and cheap wine...*

chsgirlie2007
Loyal

Re: High Skewl?!

Post by chsgirlie2007 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:20 pm

I am goin into highschool too. I will just give you the advice that I have been told. Act normal. Don't act like you are better than everyone else and don't act like you are so cool just because you are in highschool now. And of all things don't act immature! That is the one thing that all my highschool friends hate is the little freshmans that come in and act so immature! Just try to be polite and you will do just fine.

Sarah
Before I met you I never knew what it was like to just look at someone and smile for no reason.

I wanna be remembered as the girl who always smiles, even when her heart is broken and the one who could always brighten up your day even if she couldn't brighten up her own.

xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:51 pm

just be yourself, and act like you always have...academically though high school is harder and dont slack off just because they dont base your intelligence on freshman year as much as others, doesnt mean they dont look at it...ignore anyone(mostly seniors) who are just going to pick on you..dont let them bother you because as soon as they see its not bothering you they will leave you alone...good luck in high school! have fun cuz its a great experience..and freshman year was soo crazzzy!! get involved in a lot of things at your school, and if you do liek volunteer or student council/student rep things are great!

*~*kepanie*~*
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you

Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:02 pm

Well, remembering last year (As freshman) I can think only one thing. You're in your last few years of school. You need to focus on your work more. People realize the freshmen as people that get picked on because they're in high school now and they can do whatever they please. Just act as yourself. There's no certain way you need to act. Just don't act like you own the place...that's what the sophomores, juniors, and seniors like to pick on the freshmen about, besides the reason some of them can be smaller and they don't know what they're exactly suppose to do going along with the fact that they just arrived there.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Teardrop
Loyal

Post by Teardrop » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:03 pm

Yes. Spell it 'school' and you might not fail English.
i watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor.

that's my dream, that's my nightmare.

crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.

*Bunnie-Babie*
Loyal

Post by *Bunnie-Babie* » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:08 pm

Thx so much!!

*Much Luv*

x0x0

unoshawty
Veteran

Post by unoshawty » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:16 pm

Originally posted by Teardrop@Aug 19 2003, 01:03 PM

Yes. Spell it 'school' and you might not fail English.

Yes, I second that one. And dont act stupid. That makes other people want to knock you out.
RIP Pat N. Glassman

<span style=\'color:gray\'My car is SOOO much better than yours =)

TCCA Ya heard?

*Bunnie-Babie*
Loyal

Post by *Bunnie-Babie* » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:47 pm

Whut's ur problems? I ask fer help n to tell yew the truth I knoe how to spell! I don't wanna act all MRS. perfect in grammer, I ask fer help n I get a lesson! I don't need it! I got 2 awards frum graduation and if yew don't have sumthin nice to say then don't say anythin! If yew oh so can't read it then y do yew reply!?

tornandalone
Loyal

Post by tornandalone » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:52 pm

my freshman year (last year) i was just myself the whole time and thats how i made all my friends so the best advice i would give someone going into hs is just be yourself! like everyone else said lol
"faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1

my getto name is...Fellatio Kawfi!!

Teardrop
Loyal

Post by Teardrop » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:06 pm

Originally posted by *Bunnie-Babie*@Aug 19 2003, 09:47 PM

I knoe how to spell!

I beg to differ.
i watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor.

that's my dream, that's my nightmare.

crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.

faith
Veteran

Post by faith » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:08 pm

yea just go there and be urself. dont owrry
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea

iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:49 pm

Originally posted by *Bunnie-Babie*@Aug 19 2003, 01:47 PM

Whut's ur problems? I ask fer help n to tell yew the truth I knoe how to spell! I don't wanna act all MRS. perfect in grammer, I ask fer help n I get a lesson! I don't need it! I got 2 awards frum graduation and if yew don't have sumthin nice to say then don't say anythin! If yew oh so can't read it then y do yew reply!?

If everything that everyone said was nice, then where would the fun be in this world?
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.

Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:52 pm

Maybe we should like GET ON TOPIC??? Just an idea... I mean I know arguing is fun...but what is the point in arguing over the way people type? :huh:

Jeeez!! :rolleyes:

Back ON TOPIC:

Just be yourself in high school - don't act any different to what you do now...and talk to other people because you will meet a LOT of new friends too. :)

Like others have said just act like you usually do and you should be fine.

~ Keli xxx
~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...

sugarpacket
Loyal

Post by sugarpacket » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:52 pm

join clubs and get active! the biggest mistake you could make is to try to "fit in."

be yourself and join a club that interests you: whether it's hackey sack club or book club or chess club or band--join something!! you'll hopefully meet people that are older, and you'll need upperslassmen friends :) it's never a bad thing to have some of those.

:D above all--try to do well. if you want to go further in education after high school, it's a good idea to have good grades to show colleges or tech schools.

good luck, all you new freshman for the class of 2007! :luck: i wish you all the best!!! PM me if you need anything! :D
kiss, crush, bliss, blush... finally happy. so happy. so lucky.

diaLoGue shrUgGed

unoshawty
Veteran

Post by unoshawty » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:57 pm

Originally posted by *Bunnie-Babie*@Aug 19 2003, 02:47 PM

*ahem* like I said.

dont act stupid. acting stupid will cause the higher grades, and even more so your own grade to beat you up.
RIP Pat N. Glassman

<span style=\'color:gray\'My car is SOOO much better than yours =)

TCCA Ya heard?

English_Rose
Loyal

Post by English_Rose » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:24 pm

Don't be like me and think you have to make this BIG effort and impress people - just be yourself. Most of the liked or popular people, were themselves and some just acted confident - good luck!

blah~blah
Loyal

Post by blah~blah » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:16 pm

ok... make sure you join clubs and sports or something like that... whatever interests u...make sure you keep your grades up, i can't stress that enough..i tottally screwed myself over freshman and sophmore year with grades, now to get into any college that is halfway decent i have to get very high grades all this year and next year.. .in other words, i have to work my ass off.... so don't do that to yourself...oh and act as invisible as possible around juniors and seniors... :D have fun and enjoy yourself, highschool is ok once u get used to it..just be yourself hun you don't have to change just becuase you are moving up a grade.. :D :P :D
Have you ever tried to step in my shoes?

Have you ever tried to balance on that beam?

And if you ever tried to step in my shoes

They'll never be quite as soft as they seem.

-incubus

bones
Loyal

Post by bones » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:58 am

well ive been to several different high schools, and now that im in an alternate site i can tell you what NOT to do:

-dont slack off (especially when you get to grade 11)

-dont go to class on acid

-dont fight your careers teacher over a jos louis

i know i sound like im trying to sound witty right now but im not i can honestly tell you those are my three biggest mistakes, cause now instead of graduating this year im finishing grade ten still :( good luck, and be cool, stay in school ;)