Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
English_Rose
Loyal

Post by English_Rose »

Help people!!

For some reason, since yesterday, I tried to change my avatar and it came up as:

Error on Avatar.

I didn't think much of it so I thought I'll try it again later, but it keeps doing it now. I've tried to change the size (100x100) but instead it says (where you used to be able to change the size) Image Scale On.

Help!! (Oh and if this's in the wrong forum, just move it) :D
English_Rose
Loyal

Re: Avatar Problems

Post by English_Rose »

Someone reply!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Teardrop
Loyal

Post by Teardrop »

ok
i watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor.

that's my dream, that's my nightmare.

crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

I just checked the server, and the file is a red x anyways. I think u didnt upload the correct file. I know that sometimes, especially when people are using macintosh computers, images get "exported" somehow as 2 files, 1 i guess is an index, and 2 is the actual file. it appears the "index" is the thing you uploaded.

try again. I removed the file from the server to prevent any problems that may happen.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by OverDrive@Aug 23 2003, 02:26 PM

I just checked the server, and the file is a red x anyways. I think u didnt upload the correct file. I know that sometimes, especially when people are using macintosh computers, images get "exported" somehow as 2 files, 1 i guess is an index, and 2 is the actual file. it appears the "index" is the thing you uploaded.

try again. I removed the file from the server to prevent any problems that may happen.
This happens on Windows just as much as it does on MacOS. On both operating systems the files are invisible to the user unless they otherwise specify that they want to see the files. If you're using MacOS, I think the problem might be that it's a proprietary mac format such as the pic gallery one. To solve this, open the file and convert it to gif of jpeg.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

well, mabey the avatar won't work...so i dunno...you should go and pm an moniter for further help...sorry i am no too much help! latah
English_Rose
Loyal

Post by English_Rose »

thanks people I'll try again and then post back. I hate not having an avatar! Oh, and I'm on Windows don't know what MacOS is!!!
English_Rose
Loyal

Post by English_Rose »

Originally posted by OverDrive@Aug 23 2003, 02:26 PM

Nope. Still the same. I go on: Edit Avatar Settings click Browse (because the picture I want is saved onto my comp.) click on the picture I want and click then: Update Avatar. And then it says: Error you can't upload this picture or summat like that. :(
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

email me the picture - amarshall@teenhelp.org
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

English_Rose
Loyal

Post by English_Rose »

ok :D
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

There you go. Fixed.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner