Birthday

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Dragon_Crystal
Loyal

Birthday

Post by Dragon_Crystal »

hey u guys my name is christina and my birthday is coming up and i cant figure out what should be the "theme" of my birthday party i will be 17 and im not inviting no one special just my family and one or two friends so i was thinking just having a lil grill out or something but that kinda sounds cheesy. and i have one other problem my friend samantha is wanting to come but i already told my "ex" he could come. me and him are trying to work things out because we have a big past together and love each other alot. my friend Samantha doesnt like him everytime i mention his name she will say ewww or rol her eyes or something which makes me mad. but i dont know how to tell her she cant come because its my party and i wont let her ruin it. please give me advise on what to do for my party and what to tell samantha thanks Christina
Emily
Veteran

Re: Birthday

Post by Emily »

I think you should do the grill out, it doesn't sound cheesy, it'll be fun.

And about your friend, you should just tell her that what she's doing upsets you. Flat out tell her that she need to be nice and NOT ruin your birthday or she can't come. It may sound harsh, but friends shouldn't be able to hurt you like that.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Dragon_Crystal
Loyal

Post by Dragon_Crystal »

i know friends shouldnt be able to hurt me like that and i have told her she needs not to say things about him because she doesnt know him and she acts like that because she is jealous and i think i will just tell her that she either better act right or not come because im dealing with it and thanks for ur advise
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Yup.. and maybe you should tell her that you will make her leave if she tries to ruin it.

It's your day, you rule!! Haha
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Hmm... maybe u could go out to a restaurant for ur birthday? Thats only if u don't want to do the cookout thing ... I think that a pretty good idea. About ur friend .. u need to tell her straight up that she can't some to the party because u are trying to work things out with ur x b/f and u don't want her to rune it because u like him alot and u know she doesn't like him. If she promises to be nice then why not let her come? Well ne ways have a great birthday :) Mandy
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

A grill out sounds nice!

And as for your friend, explain to her that your ex IS coming, and theres nothing she can do about it.

Tell her that if she wants to come, shes more than welcome to, but she has to get on with him perfectly, and be as nice as pie, or she will have to leave. If she spends the whole day being nice to him, and if he's nice to her back, she might realise that it was silly to hate him before anyway!

Heck, at the end of the day, do whatever you like, and dont bother to care about who you are annoying!! Its your birthday after all, so make yourself happy!!!

(p.s happy birthday for whenever it is!)
snsareformorons
Loyal

Post by snsareformorons »

BBQ's are really fun for birthdays!! and yummy too!!!
Imagine:

To stand on top of the highest cliff.

To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.

To draw the final breath,

To make that little step,

To know, that for once a decision was made,

To feel one foot above the abyss,

To think for a split second you can float in the air

To feel losing balance,

To fall,

To feel the cold wind violently caress you,

To see the ground coming closer,

Then to doubt

To wish yourself back to the top of the peak

the one that you are pacing away from.