Support Group Applications Online

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Re: Support Group Applications Online

Post by iHEAVENn »

hardy har har no problemo steveo lmao :P im hyper lol dont ask :D just keep checking your email
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Still nothing, would it hurt to apply again?

or should I just wait, or since they know that I applied should I just act as if I was told I was being watched?
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Just give em some time Steve.
NAAM
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

yeah being a mod is fun, rewarding and exiting... but... it has its difficulties... members complaining "U LOCKED MY POST!!! WHY THE HELL DID U DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and other hellish shit... *sighs* its very confusing 2 know where u stand in the game ya know...
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

I've been here since August 2001. I wish I would be considered... this is what I want to do when I grow up, help teens with their problems.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

*thinks*"maybe we should have made it 300 post.... too many newbies just wanting the power of the mod position...."
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
She
Veteran

Post by She »

I think having the limit at all just encourages newbies to post for the sake of getting up the numbers. You could just take it into consideration when you decide who gets the job. But hey, it's not my place ;)
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

i agree with She and Amy... u shouldent judge some1 by their post count but by their advice...Mell was a great addition 2 staff and had wonderful advice! :( and she had under 100 posts... and many ppl dont want power (well some...) but u know many newbies have great advice and know what they are doing... <_< its just sort of annoying... when admins would choose a mod over post count
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Well, that isn't really why I don't think there should be that requirement.. I mean, I DO think you should have been around a long time before you get to mod status. But having that limit makes newbies think, "YES! I'll just go make 100 quick posts and then I can be a MODERATOR!" rather then having them work at it like all the rest of us.

And in addition, I really don't think a complete newbie, however helpful, should be a mod because they don't know how the boards really work and what's accepted and what isn't. Mods should already have a certain amount of respect in their respective forums, you know? Blah.. must.. quit... rambling... now. :P
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

i fully agree she. and ive started to notice alot of the people. not mentioning anynames but to me it seems like everyone thinks its a competetion now because of the mod status going on. and people are just posting things with one or two lines, which is fine as long as it gives advice or something helpful but some of the newbies have been posting things that are just crazy in my eyes :huh:

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
four
Veteran

Post by four »

The 100 post count is more of a guidline than a diffinitive rule. If they see something really special in your posts it can stand above a small post count. The only thing is we used to get mentors that would stay for a week and then leave the site...that's all they are trying to prevent.
NAAM
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

I sent one in also, but i'm doubting my chances.........
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch