College

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
acabarguy
Loyal

College

Post by acabarguy »

Ok, heres my problem... I am looking for colleges right now. I have no idea where I want to go, well some place near the coast (left or right coasts are both fine). My college person at school sucks and doesnt help me much. I'm thinking of goinginto engineering, but I am not even 75% sure that I want to do that. You know of anywhere I can do a college search or something. I am getting a little anxious because I have no clue what college I want to go to and application time is coming soon. Thanks.
Just smile... even if thats the opposite of what you feel; just smile.
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Re: College

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

dude im in college right now a freshman

and i know how stressful choosing a college is

well collegeboard.com can give u college searches. but the best idea is u have to take something ud like, makes good money, and can do, then where u want to live, what u want, blah blah. Limit your choices to about 10 colleges, and then apply to the five best.

oh and dont forget to pick a college as ur backup like a really easy college u can get into
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Yeah, definately http://www.collegeboard.com is a key assest to helping you choose colleges. Try and make campus visits if you can. That gives you a great feel for the college. Honestly, don't stress about it though. In the long run, it is not a huge huge deal. It seems like it at the time, but... I mean, look at it this way. Any place you choose will have an impact on your life and change you life. You just don't know how. I think pretty much any college you would choose you would be able to be happy with how your life has changed, because in college you are in control of how your life changes. It's when your life begins to get shaped from the youth to the adult.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
sugarpacket
Loyal

Post by sugarpacket »

i recommend fastweb.com and collegeboard.com for scholarship searches AND college match services. it's wonderful.

i am a freshman this year, too. the only thing i can suggest other than making YOU happy with a college choice, is to NOT go somewhere 1) because your parents want you to 2) because your friends are 3) because they're the only school that has your major. (most people change their major at least one time anyway!)

good luck :luck: :D
kiss, crush, bliss, blush... finally happy. so happy. so lucky.

diaLoGue shrUgGed