The Mile

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Kiyotie
Veteran

The Mile

Post by Kiyotie »

What was your best time on the mile? I'm convinced I'm like the worst runner in the world. I have to do it tomorrow!! SO SCARED! :bag: The best time I've ever gotten is like 12 minutes. I suck man!

Wish me luck tomorrow :sadbye:
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
blah~blah
Loyal

Re: The Mile

Post by blah~blah »

THE MILE SUCKS!!!!!!!! :wallbash: god i hate that fucking run...i got like 10 min ...that was only once...usually it was like 12 min...

Edit: oh yeah and good luck!!! :D
Have you ever tried to step in my shoes?

Have you ever tried to balance on that beam?

And if you ever tried to step in my shoes

They'll never be quite as soft as they seem.

-incubus
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I am a horrible runner!! Good luck in track!!

I think i did a 1 mile in 14 min....or mabey that was a 2 mile...no i think it was a full mile......
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

No luck needed; I skipped school to miss the mile. And I'm not going to make it up. :furious:
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

Im a fairly...okay runner I did the mile (4 LAPS UGGG) in about 4 minutes.... yeah....
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Originally posted by Sky@Sep 11 2003, 03:19 PM

Im a fairly...okay runner I did the mile (4 LAPS UGGG) in about 4 minutes.... yeah....
... Four minutes? You're kidding me, or you're better than you said. A mile in four minutes is 15 mph and the record's something like 23 mph.

Marching band is a quarter credit of gym and we're required to take one credit of it so by doing MB all four years I completely get out of gym. And therefore the mile. :dancing:
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Gambit006
Loyal

Post by Gambit006 »

yea 4 minutes is absurdly fast. thats pretty crazy, but if its right then thats pretty awesome. ive run cross country and i play soccer and my fastest mile is like a 6 flat. which isnt bad, im happy with it.
You know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

xoxo Catherine

My Diary
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

4 minutes?! Holy shit! The best in my school is about 9 minutes. Wow.

junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Haha I did a mile in 11 minutes. I got a note to get me out of long distance running forever after that though :D It was hell.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I haven't done the mile since I think...6th grade or something. I always end up being the last one because I'm...just that way. But I HATE the mile with a huge passionate kick, and I haven't taken it since. Haha, I'm in 10th grade now. I've missed the Mile for so long now.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

SweetMe57
Loyal

Post by SweetMe57 »

Originally posted by Sky@Sep 11 2003, 12:19 PM

you ran a mile in 4 minutes?!? i don't believe that, there are really good athletes that can run a 5 minute mile...but 4 minutes..
<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (SpargoMn @ Sep 18 2003, 02:39 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'Love is just testing you pushing you to the limit, the point where you will be given the chance of true love is the point just past when you should completely give up.? Fight on past your limits and forge new ground in your soul, and you will be amazed.</td</tr</table<div class='signature'
Soul
Loyal

Post by Soul »

a 4 minute mile? Whoa...
I had the notion that you'd make me forget the world...But your undecisive mind shows me that you are "just another guyl"...I had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real...What if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel...

But that day will most likely never come for me

And it's just my luck to end up getting stuck

... to everything you are...

<...The Spill Canvas...
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I knew people back in 5th grade or something that ran that much...or was that sixth...? :huh:
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

DarkDespair
Loyal

Post by DarkDespair »

There is no point to running the mile, it's not like colleges go "oh she got a horrible time on her mile...denied!"...my best was 13 minutes lol I barely finished...

Anyone that ran the mile in four minutes must have magic wings to fly...
Well I'm caught between myself and me

And I can't find the bridge from my mind to reality

I'm trying to find a place in the sun

But I'm drowning in the rain that's falling

Every place I go

One year- September 1st, 2004
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

I'm not that bad at running.

I'm a 9 minutes mile.

This is my last year of PE, but my instructor is pretty cool and he just lets me pretend to be a TA and just gives me the credits for it.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

6 minutes and 45 sec
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea