Speech Ideas

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Adnama
Veteran

Speech Ideas

Post by Adnama »

Ok, so we've done a couple of speeches in speech class, and my teacher seems to think i'm like this great speaker [surprized me o.o]

And he wants me to write this HUUUUGE speech [i'm glad to do it] for contest. It needs to be like 10 minuets long.

It can be on AAANNYYY THIIIING basicly. But.. .i need ideas!!!!

He said it otta be something along the lines of a perswasive type thing, and like something that i have an intersting point of view on....

but i cant think of any thing!!!! Any one have any suggestions?? o.<
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
mistical16
Loyal

Re: Speech Ideas

Post by mistical16 »

Hi,ok so it has to be something perswasive.try to think of something that teens are struggling with like peer presure,drugs,depression.something like that might be good.make sure to put alot of interesting facts in it that might be perswasive and of course your opinion.hope this helps.good luck
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Ok, try not to choose something obvious, like abortion or capital punishment, because although you would have alot to speak about, the topics are talked about alot, and could kinda be repetative for some people, and a bit overdone. (However, if you are stuck for ideas, they DO have alot of information about them, and would be easy to research)

I'd strongly advise you talk about something you feel really strongly about, because then its easier to be passionate. We had a similar thing a few years ago, and I chose to do a speech on Myra Hindly and Ian Brady, and their wishes to be given permission to die (they were two people who murdered and tortured many children throughout the 60s)

Other topics by various people included Animal Cruelty, Whether America lives up to the American dream, Why schools on saturday should be compulsorary (!!!!), and the Electoral system in the Uk&why it should be changed.

As long as you enjoy what you are talking about, you'll be fine! Good luck, I hope your speech goes well, keep us posted, and if you need any more help, just ask!
*Bunnie-Babie*
Loyal

Post by *Bunnie-Babie* »

aha do a speech that is funni, make jokes n comments that are appropreent! My b/f did it, n she made it to the *ontario speech finals* Oooo! LoL! sorri!

*megan*
filling up on heartaches and cheap wine...*
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I love when teachers say that it has to be long!! I hate summerizing a topc. I am doing a speech on "Hotel Cleanliness" for my USAD (united states academic decathlon) competition speech. Its a really good topic w/ a lot of interesting things.

We learned that topics that could be contradicting (such as the war, abortion, etc.) should be avoided if you are getting judged on the speech becuase they could think differnetly and score you low.

So do a speech thats interesting, and not contraversaital. Do a nuetral speech..
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Yeah, you are advised to stay away from contriversial topics.

Any how, he wanted something that i had an intersting view on, so i got it: insanity.

We all know i'm a werido, so im doing a speech about it [to be very basic on what its gona be about] its about my deffinition of insanity as it applies to society.

Thanks for all the ideas though!!!
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/