Choir

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
angelbbi55
Loyal

Choir

Post by angelbbi55 »

my choir teacher is so, so GRRRR, he kept going on about how to preserve our voices and shit and then he just hands u a part to the music wheter the notes r in ur range or not, i can't hit that high note, i'm not a soprano, i'm an alto, and i've been workin my way up to it all week and now i have a sore throat, he is such a jerk, he gave me a bad grade last year for NO reason cept 4 he duznt like me cuz i missed a concert (i had a temp of 102 and stayed in school almost all day!!!!!) and i didn't do the stupid little play cuz i wuz busy w/ a program called academic games, i wuz in southfield when they were performing and i did get into nationals and a team from my city won 3 place in the US. i really really can't stand him, he yells at everybody and makes everyone miserable and i have him for a whole year again and my mom wont let me drop out
I look into your eyes

So full of pain and betrayl

And as I wipe the tear from your face

I see that they've never looked so beautiful...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Choir

Post by SirPostAlot »

If you hate choir, then why are you in it? But i guess not liking a teacher, is no excuse for not taking a class.

About the grade thing, if you had a good excuse (temp. and academic games) then that is understandable. In my school, the choir teacher (mrs. sourwine) fails anyone who doesn't go to the concert, IF they don't have a ritten excuse from the parent.

About the voice thing, explain to him that you are an alto not a sorprano. Most females can do both, so mabey he doesn't know that you can't go that high. Stay after class one day and talk to him about it and the grade, i know that it was last year, but still talk to him and mabey he will see where you are comeing from..

If you have more to the story, or something that i said that was inncorrect, please write more things.

---Best Wishes---
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

well just think u odnt have to him for the rest of ur life i know it shard but make the best out of it
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
coolaid

Post by coolaid »

AIM USer, he said that his mom won't let him quit that is why he's still in choir.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I hate to tell you this, but if a note isn't in your rage, DON'T TRY TO REACH IT! What yoru teacher is doing is seeing where to plce you alto, bass, or whatever. he want syou to try to, but if you can't then don't try any more.

try garging w/ salt water, and go mute for about 2 to 3 hours, drink lots of water, and orange juice and DO NOT WHISPER whispering is the worse thing you can do for your throught i beleive.

Remember tbefore you sing warm up your voice, by humming....

as for your teacher, somtimes they do things that we don't understand. did you ever go up to him and ASK why he gave you the grade he did? somtimes thats all you need to do to understand a teacher....
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
angelbbi55
Loyal

Post by angelbbi55 »

umm, coolaid, WHO THE HELL SAID I WUZ A HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I look into your eyes

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

sorry angel, i said he too...i just say what the avatar is, but i guess people would think i was a she then...haha...sorry about that, i prob. caused the whole thing, don't blam him, blam me...
angelbbi55
Loyal

Post by angelbbi55 »

my avatar is Kris, the lead singer of The Ataris, cuz they rock so hard :D and i think he's kinda cute :wub:
I look into your eyes

Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

Hey there,

I am a soprano but I cannot really go past an A in the bass clef... And it is hard for me. But dont give up just keep trying hard. Maybe you should talk to him reasonably. But dont try to reach a note that strains your voice so much and only air comes out of your throat... Because if you keep straining your voice then you will lose the power in your voice (Charlotte Church had such a powerful classical voice at 13 and now she is 17 and cant sing opera because she strained her voice to much) Just tell him that you are straining your voice but you are trying your best to reach that high note. :) Goodluck I hope everything works out for you.
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice