Should I Feel Guilty?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Tyoka
Veteran

Should I Feel Guilty?

Post by Tyoka »

I dropped out of school at the beginning of this year(not schoolyear, this year all together) because I was suidical due to social anxiety. The principal said I was more than smart enough to pass the GED, which I don't know where he got that from considering I was lazy in school. Infact, the last 3 years I had in school I never did more than maybe 20 assignments in English, just because I hated it so much. But Despite how lazy I was, he thought I was smart enough. Maybe I am, who knows, I haven't gotten a chance to take it yet. But he let me leave school if I took the GED test or course this fall(now). I'm going to naturally. But that's not the problem

I think if I had stayed in school I'd have abunch of scares on my wrists and throats from attempted suicide, but nonetheless I feel really guilty about leaving school. It's just one more thing I've failed to do in life. My mom says if I pass the GED I'll be ok, I'll be able to get a job and all that stuff. She says she dropped out of school(twice, once in high school and once after I was born becuas her new husband wanted her to), but she's doing fine. She works for the government, which I don't think is "fine", I'd hate working for the government, but she makes a decent amount of money for it.

I also miss school in generally, my friends, the pressures of society(believe it or not), having something to DO all farken day(which I will soon, but for now I'm bored). All of that. I miss it. I don't miss(er rather, WANT) the millions of mockery I get from my friend's friends. It makes me alittle mad that they don't even know that I have problems.

but anyways, back to my question. Which I'm not sure if I phrased it right, but Should I feel guilty about leaving school?
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

to call the spirit of vengence

to deny my wisdom for anger

to break the scream of the silent fool

and to be knightrider of doom

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

This changes its damage to 7-15 and increases its range by 10.

If you understood any of that, you have problems.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Re: Should I Feel Guilty?

Post by Kiyotie »

Well, what grade were you in? I think if you honestly think you made the right decision and are responsible enough to get yourself a great job and make your life great, then you can do whatever the hell you want to with school :) If I were you I wouldn't have dropped out until maybe junior year...
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

i dropped out in my sophmore year

i really wish you people would POST if you're going to vote.
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

princesspoetry
Loyal

Post by princesspoetry »

i think its completely your decision if you want to drop out. i mean, its obvious that you thought about it, and you had a legitimate reason for leaving. its not like you just decided you didnt want to work anymore. if you really feel that you're healthier out of school, then i'd suggest staying out until you feel ready. plenty of successful people have dropped out, but you just cant give up. dropping out of school is not the end of the world, and it seems that you're intelligent, so i'm sure you'll be fine.
...Somewhere, someone?s gun, someone?s gun is laughing...

If thats all you will be, you'll be a waste of time
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I think that you "should" (i can't tell you wat to think or feel) feel guilty. You will never know what you would exceed in life since you droped out. Mabey you are smart if you would just excell your self to what you were doing. Like i said that it is your decision of you are guilty or not, but if it were me and i droped out, i would be very guilty...well more ashamed then guilty becuause i would never know if i would ever be someone like a lawyer, or a doctor or someone. It was your decision that you made and you had the reasons to do so. I gave you my opinion, please don't take it offensivly, but thats how i feel.

----Best Wishes----
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Sep 16 2003, 07:49 PM

I think that you "should" (i can't tell you wat to think or feel) feel guilty. You will never know what you would exceed in life since you droped out. Mabey you are smart if you would just excell your self to what you were doing. Like i said that it is your decision of you are guilty or not, but if it were me and i droped out, i would be very guilty...well more ashamed then guilty becuause i would never know if i would ever be someone like a lawyer, or a doctor or someone. It was your decision that you made and you had the reasons to do so. I gave you my opinion, please don't take it offensivly, but thats how i feel.

----Best Wishes----

i don't take it offensivly, that's pretty much how i'm feeling right now.
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

Well first of all in my post I am Not casting ANY judgement on you... But I think that you should have stayed in school ... But if it affected your emotional health I guess so... But it helps suicidal people just to live normal lives. But I dont really see any reason why you should feel guilty or lazy. JUst dont give up! :)
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
She
Veteran

Post by She »

For the sake of devil's advocate I'll argue the "no" point:

No, I don't think so. The school systems in the U.S. are NOT for everyone. Not everyone learns well that way. Not everyone can excel at the type of school system set up here and not everyone's life plan should be "Go to school until eighteen, working part time for spending money. Then go to a four-year college, get a degree, and get a job somewhere nice and live in a nice neighborhood, get married and have three kids and live happily ever after raising a family in suburbia." I mean, honestly, that's what school prepares us for but that's not what's best for everyone. People expect you to have finished school but that's not necessarily what you individually should do. Some people are disgustingly rich and they never even finished high school. Some people are disgustingly content with life and they still can't read a page out of a book. There's other things you can do with your life, and if you feel that you'd rather live life some other way, while a lot of people will say "you disgusting cretin, have you no backbone?" it's really your own choice.

See what I'm saying?

AIM said now you'll never know your true potential. But what if his potential doesn't lie in formal schooling? How do you know, AIM, that you didn't miss your life's potential when you made the decision to stay in school until senior year?

Then again, I've never been one for quitting. I don't know. Maybe you could get into college early? The social scene is entirely different there and you'll still be able to learn. It's all just decisions.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

I am going to go to a technical college once I get my GED. my dad thinks I should take an art class, but I only draw for a pass time. I kinda want to be a reporter. It seems like such a free job. I mean for a magazine too, not like TV news.

I suppose I'll be fine if I get a job like that. That's the only kind job I think I could enjoy though other than maybe cooking or computer stuff. so I guess i'll be ok.
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

my86firebird
Loyal

Post by my86firebird »

hell no! i dropped out of school after 10th grade. i got my GED the year after if i would of stayed in school i would of ended up getting kicked out cuz everyone liked to mess with me and if i would of stayed in school i wouldn''t of been able to start working full time and have the car that is in my sig :-D

The Darkness (short Verson)

I Look Around My Room And i see

The Drakness

The Light?

Never Again will i see

For i Am dead and you will never Know

Just Think its All Because

You Bitched And you Moned

You Put Me in The Darkness For witch i have grown to call home

And Now i Will Never see My True Love For i am Dead

Because of The Darkness you put me in.

By My86Firebird
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Generally, you sound happier now that you've dropped out right? You're less suicidal, and less likely to harm yourself. Therefore, its a GOOD thing you dropped out. Your principal is obviously aware how smart you are, therfore you are likely to succeed in many things, just keep on trying different opportunities until you find one you're happy with. School isnt for everyone, be happy with your decision, and dont feel guilty.
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

Well, I wouldnt have quit school but if your happier this way then I dont think u should feel guilty.. But if you do... cant you go back?? :blink:
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

no i can't go back. I'd be 17 as a sophmore, they would kill me. I'm gonna get my GED before I'd have a chance to graduate anyways.
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

rosiegirl06
Loyal

Post by rosiegirl06 »

I don't think you should feel guilty. Sure, it would have been good for you to graduate, but as long as you get your GED, you still have plenty of opportunities and choices of what to do with the rest of your life. Don't dwell on what you could have done, just concentrate on your future. Good luck!
Not all who wander are lost.

Never be someone's slogan, because you are poetry.

I'm a wild and an untamed thing

I'm a bee with a deadly sting

You get a hit and your mind goes ping

Your heart'll pump and your blood will sing

So let the party and the sounds rock on

We're gonna shake it 'till the life has gone

Rose tint my world

Keep me safe from my trouble and pain
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

well im not gonna tell u how u should feelbut if i dropped out yes i would feel guilty. but for oyu maybe its hinestly better that u dropped out. like maybe u were getting into to much trouble u know?
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
DarkDespair
Loyal

Post by DarkDespair »

I don't think you should feel guilty either. At least you are planning on getting your GED. That way, you will have a better chance at getting a decent paying job later on.
Well I'm caught between myself and me

And I can't find the bridge from my mind to reality

I'm trying to find a place in the sun

But I'm drowning in the rain that's falling

Every place I go

One year- September 1st, 2004