What Should I Do? (and I'm Longwinded, Btw)

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
lubberly

What Should I Do? (and I'm Longwinded, Btw)

Post by lubberly »

I'm not sure if this should be in here, but I didn't know what other place it would fit with.

Anyway, I'm 18. I've got a year and a half of college under my belt. I've been working at Walmart for 2 weeks.

I need to move out of my house. I hate my mother, and I need to get away from her. Not in the way that children tend to hate their parents, but I seriously hate her. If it wouldn't hurt my brother or my dad, I would have no problem bitching her out for all the shit she's done to me and never talking to her again.

My friend and his boyfriend are moving at the end of October/first of November, looking for a bigger place so they can have some roommates and save on rent. This would probably end up being 100-175 dollars cheaper than the place out of town, but utilities would be more expensive. My sister is also looking to have a roommate, but she doesn't know when she's going to have her extra room cleaned out, or when this will happen, and I don't know how much rent would be. Someone contacted me the other day about a room in a town an hour away from me. I love this town. Rent is more expensive, but utilities are cheaper. I'd be away from my parents. There's no inside smoking, so I wouldn't be chainsmoking, thereby saving my lungs and saving money on cigarettes. Both my sister and my friends are inside smokers. This would mean I'd be warm in the winter when having a smoke, however.

The place out of town would also offer a better emotional environment. Not only would I be away from my parents, but it's two guys that are like me (and by "like me" I mean transgendered). My friends don't understand, and I'm not sure my sister would, though she is very gay friendly. Words can't describe how much it would mean to me. There are *no* trans guys in my area that I know of. None of my friends get it or understand it. This may not sound like much, but it's actually a huge factor.

Now for the part I'm having issues with.

I haven't worked at Walmart for 6 months yet, so I couldn't transfer. I would have to quit and reapply if I wanted to keep working at Walmart. Plus, I'm making shit money anyway.

$6 an hour, 40 hours a week. Minus taxes and all that shit, that's about $228 dollars a week, which is under $1,000 a month. Minus 370 rent for the out of town place (that includes utilities, though, and it's furnished), plus a 355 security desposit (which I'm assuming would be that, as flat out rent is 355, plus electric, which is around 50 and split between 3 people). And they need someone *now*. So that's 700+. I *could* do it, and I'd have time to look for a job around there before I move there, but it'd be cutting it a tad close. On the other side, they said that even someone temporary until than can find a more perminent roommate would be ok.

With my friends, it'd be easy to find a place that would be 100-200 dollars cheaper, but utilities (electric, phone, etc.) are usually around 150 on a good month, so I guess it could be the same either way.

So I just wrote a whole lot. Sorry about that. Financially this would be a dumb move. I'd be moving without much money, and I'd have to quit a job I haven't had for very like.

Emotionally/sanity wise it could be one of the best decisions I've ever made. Living with a bunch of people that would accept me for what I am.

What the hell is more important? What should I do? (And *please* do not say stay at home and save money, because staying at home is not an option at all.)

I have plans to see the place on the 20 of this month. Ehhhh.

Thanks,

Max