What Makes A Hero?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Alex
Loyal

What Makes A Hero?

Post by Alex »

what do you believe truly makes a hero? and if so who is your hero?
* To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. *

"It's what you do and not what you say"

"Often times the one thing you are looking for always appears when you stop looking for it."
blah~blah
Loyal

Re: What Makes A Hero?

Post by blah~blah »

someone who overcomes great odds to follow thier dreams and significantly helps other people..i dunno...there are so many different types of heroes....i have more than one hero, Lance Armstrong and my brother.
Have you ever tried to step in my shoes?

Have you ever tried to balance on that beam?

And if you ever tried to step in my shoes

They'll never be quite as soft as they seem.

-incubus
xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo »

someone who overcomes great odds to follow thier dreams and significantly helps other people..i dunno...there are so many different types of heroes
well said

i would definately have to say my mom...her husband(my dad)was killed when she was 27, and they had been together since she was 13 she hadnt been with any other guy, and she was left with two very young children and needed to support them then she remarried an asshole who beat her(and us) and completely fucked her life over..then she went back to college got a human services degree and graduated from college with straight A's while raising me and my brother(who was a big druggie and problem child), so she definately would be my hero and i love her!
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I agree w/ their definition. Also a hero is someone who inspires you greatly. In many people, heros or heriones (female heros) are manily their parents or their teachers or someone they know. But there are other people who have heros or heriones that "strangers" or people who they have heard of. In my situation, i really would say that my mother would be mine. She raised three teenagers by her self w/o child support from my dad. I remember every weekend w/ my mom and sis (my brother whould never do anything) we would sit on the floor in my small living room and count receipts for a local Riverside. We would separate then into the total cost amount. We would do 10 - 15 full riverside bags of receipts every weekend. I think she would get like $5 for every bag or something ( thats like $3.00 an hour, i think? ). We would then go to Aldies (food) or Salvation Army (clothes) . Those were the days. Now, she makes a little more money, and our dad (who is friends w/ my mom---why he doesn't pay CS) takes us school shopping to AE and places like that. W/ my mom we still shop at bargins, and get our foods at Walmart Discount racks. We aren't the richest, and sometimes not the happiest, but we are family. And thats why she is my herione. Sorry that was soo long, but i thought i would explain.
pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

in my opinion it is anyone who stands up for what they believe in no matter what the outcome.
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
notsosweet
Loyal

Post by notsosweet »

ya'll should read a paper called "heroines and role models" by Maxine F. Singer. I belive that a hero is someone who goes above and beyond of anyone else. someone who may not always be in the public view but is always someoen striving for their goals. a hero isnt a movie star or a singer a hero is someone who really makes a difference.
"in three words i can sum up everything i know about life, it goes on"-Robert Frost

"i walk amongst the living and live amongst the dead"-Caitlin Rodgers