Sometimes I Feel Like I Can't Have Fun

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
nate

Sometimes I Feel Like I Can't Have Fun

Post by nate » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:50 pm

today i went to a wedding with my girlfriend...it was her aunt's wedding. I didn't know anyone there except for her and her mom. Everybody started dancing.....and trying to get me to dance with them...and i couldn't. Dancing's never been my strongpoint, and i just felt like everybody was going to think i was an idiot. Afterwards, i felt like my girlfriend would hate me, but she definitely didn'g care. I just wish i could be more outgoing sometimes and not really care what i think about myself or what others think.....and then i think about my dad. My dad would never be caught dead dancing, at least i've never seen him do it. I start worrying that i'm turning out like him, and that is something i never ever want, at least none of the bad things. I need help.

nj100688
Veteran

Re: Sometimes I Feel Like I Can't Have Fun

Post by nj100688 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:25 am

i don't know how you can be more outgoing because i'm not very outgoing myself most of the time. as for you thinking you're turning into you dad, i don't think you are. most guys hate dancing and would never be caught dead dancing unless their girlfriend/wife begged them to.

i guess for the outgoing thing you could try to stop thinking so much and just go on impluse. don't stop thinking completly tho because then bad things happen.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance

xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:00 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!

Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:47 pm

I used to be that way too. It's so wierd, because I'm a cheerleader and I dance in front of people all the time, without a second thought, but at dances I would refuse to dance. Then one time i was just like fuck it, I'm going to have fun and just dance. So, I did, and I just realized that people aren't going to judge you like that... I'm serious everyone dances fucked up. That's just one example, but like Dustin said you just have to try.
There's always someone cooler than you

Ben Himself

Post by Ben Himself » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:03 pm

just get drunk first that will help u dance

pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:52 pm

"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol