!algebra!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SRH17489
Loyal

!algebra!

Post by SRH17489 »

Ok... I need help with setting up charts for my alegebra homework... Can someone please explain how to??
I Am Who I Am

Your Opinion Is Neither

Desired Or Required
She
Veteran

Re: !algebra!

Post by She »

I'm assuming you mean like T-tables, with X on one side and Y on the other, and a function like Y=2x+3?

In that case, you set up a nice little T-table chart with X on one side and Y on the other.

X | Y

--------

|

|

Like that. Then start plugging in values for X, i.e.:

Y=2x+3

Y=2(1)+3

Y=2+3

Y=5

So that means when X is one, Y is 5. So 1 goes in the X column, 5 goes in the Y column.

Then do the next one:

Y=2x+3

Y=2(2)+3

Y=4+3

Y=7

So when X is 2, Y is 7. 2 in the X column, 7 in the Y column.

Just keep filling it in. Think of it as a machine: you put in one number, and the equasion does these things to it and spits out a new number--Y. I think that's what you're talking about?
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8