I Feel So Dumb!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Sam!
Veteran

I Feel So Dumb!

Post by Sam! »

I am in honors Geometry, and my mom went in to back to school night tonight. My grade on my last test was a C-, and I'm the only kid in the class with a grade lower than a B. I feel really dumb, and I'm trying really hard. I have had all of my homework in, and I stay for extra help all the time. Damn it! I hate this!
-Sam!
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Re: I Feel So Dumb!

Post by ToraToraTora »

Bah, we all screw up at one opint or another. Get tutoring, or study more. Its alright.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

you are still passing, who cares how you compare to others.
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Yeah be glad that you are still passing... your doing better then I ever could. Talk to the teacher and ask him/her what they think you could do to improve in your class.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Christen818
Loyal

Post by Christen818 »

It may take time to understand....its math for gods sake.....its like the most hated subject in the world....

Try getting a friend who understands it to explain it to you.... sometimes people can explain it diffrently and it will suddenly make sense. Worked for me.
**Christen**

I'm

Just

Fine!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

The worst thing to do in school (which everyone does) is compare yourself to someone eles. Everyone is on a different level in math and life. I personally am in Honors Geo. and i am doing fine, but there are others who are struggaling. I wouldn't get a tutor right away. Just take 20 min. a night to look over your notes, make a few sample problems, and if that doesn't work ask a classmate, who is doing good, for help.

---Best Wishes---
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I'm just so stressed. I have a C+, and that's the worst grade in my class... I've never been the worst at anything! I am a really good student... usually... UGH.
-Sam!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

well i am a honors student and i am getting a c plus in English...it sucks...haha
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by Mandaz@Sep 30 2003, 07:40 PM

if you need help sam i can help yaz :)

Really? Thanks... imma take you up on that. What is an alternate interior angle... it doesn't make any sense!!!!
-Sam!
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Wow, thanks amanda... i get it!
-Sam!
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

dont feel dumb. 1rst off not even eveyone can get into honors so that says one thing! plus maybe it was just that chapter u didnt undersatnd u know

? but for the next test maybe u wanna stay after or something so u make sure u get it u know?
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
diane2ns
Loyal

Post by diane2ns »

Geometry is all about memorization and getting the hang of it, once you really catch on, you shouldn't have as difficult a time. I dunno, math comes pretty easy to me, so if you need any help let me know.
Alive

I used to watch the world pass me by.

I'd sit and wait for it to slow down, but why?

The world gave up on me, that I know.

For the pain goes on, life will no longer glow.

Then one day it hit me like a wall.

There was no reason for me to fall.

For all that I had bottled up inside,

Was a remarkable person waiting to be alive.