:(..........science

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

:(..........science

Post by Barbies are Evil »

Oh my, I do not know what is up with me and Science this year! I completely bombed our first test, and when I went to do the Section reviews (and read through Chapter 2), I did not understand a thing even reading the whole darn chapter! Can someone please give me some tips or something for 8th grade Science before I fail it this Marking Period.............
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Re: :(..........science

Post by iHEAVENn »

take notes on the things you dont understand then ask your teacher or a friend to explain it to you :)
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

I didn't understand any of it!
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

Tomorrow I will change

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

Can't say I'm not alive

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Make note cards!!!!! Also, ask your teacher for a pass to go to the tutors room.....8th grade science is very important because you use it all the rest of your HS carrer (i am in 10th grade and have used 8th up to here, but my sis is in 12th grade and she is using the basics she learned in 8th now).........

What exactly are you studing right now...then i can hopefully explain it better...
immeyupthatsalll
Loyal

Post by immeyupthatsalll »

i hate eith grade science, isnt it physics? well anyway i bombed out on it, i got c's when i'm an A student. but just study, read things over and over and over, it will keep you from failing, at least. all i know is that this year in HS i got Biology Honors and its HAAAAAAARD, lol but i get by, i just cant stand physics, its evil!
Match in the gas tank. Boom Boom!
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: were doing how the universe was created and stars and all that other stuff I don't understand! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Tomorrow I will change

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

Can't say I'm not alive

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

ohh, the star stuff...you really only re-use that if you take Earth and Space...but that stuff is mainly opposite commen sence (blue stars are hottest, and red stars are coolest and ready to die), so mainly its memorization...
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

Originally posted by Barbies are Evil@Oct 2 2003, 09:24 PM

Oh my, I do not know what is up with me and Science this year! I completely bombed our first test, and when I went to do the Section reviews (and read through Chapter 2), I did not understand a thing even reading the whole darn chapter! Can someone please give me some tips or something for 8th grade Science before I fail it this Marking Period.............
Ahhh, Earth Science!!! I hate Earth science. It's SOOOOOO boring! All you do is study rocks, and minerals, and stupid stuff in the earth!!! What I have to do is take as many notes as I can and study a lot. I study a little everyday, so that way I won't have to cram for the tests. Make notecards, and good luck! I'm in the 8th grade too, so if you need any help, just ask!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

do whatveer it take. dont be afraid to ask questions. go for it. if u have to stay after school every day to undersatnd it then do it. she wont look at u like ur dumb shell look at u like ur tryiung
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
diane2ns
Loyal

Post by diane2ns »

review, review, review, find some study method that works for you, everyone learns a different way. Try reading your notes outloud, drawing pictures, using flash cards, writing a bunch of notes, the best way to tell if you really understand something is to explain it to someone else, so to review, sit someone down like your parents or a friend and explain everything to them. Just keep trying different ways until you figure out what works
Alive

I used to watch the world pass me by.

I'd sit and wait for it to slow down, but why?

The world gave up on me, that I know.

For the pain goes on, life will no longer glow.

Then one day it hit me like a wall.

There was no reason for me to fall.

For all that I had bottled up inside,

Was a remarkable person waiting to be alive.
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

*throws my science book against a wall*

Tomorrow I will change

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

Can't say I'm not alive

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

i did really well in earth science. pm me ANYTIME with questions. and if i dont know it off the top of my head, ill still try to find it somehow.

i agree with what everyone is saying. notecards help alot with vocab, and also with processes. for everything else, like laws and such, try to get your teacher to give you a real world example, such as bernoulis principle, an airplane taking off, or water racing through rapids. sometimes things you just have to memorize for the time being, and when you build on it, you'll understand it more.

good luck, and dont forget im always here, my computers still in the process of being fixed but i try my damnedest to be on TH or email every day, and AIM as much as possible. so feel free.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

I hate physics... I got away witha B in it last year lol ... well okay. Maybe you should talk to your teacher about it whatever science it is. If you need help in biology that is my specialty (when it comes to cell stuctures and anatomy and other bodily functions... health or life science I am fairly good at also. I also maintained an A in the outer space course...lol) I venture off topic alot.
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

true.........i'll try the methods all you guys said..........but its not going well.

Tomorrow I will change

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

Can't say I'm not alive

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

study study study!!!! all i can say is read the material and memorize as much as you can!
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

hmm.. I've never really had trouble with any subject besides math. Always with science I would study the notes that the teacher would give us because when you read the text book you get alot more information than you really need. With the notes you get the information in more of a condenced form. Try studying from that and make sure you let the teacher know that u care about your grade and you want to learn the material. When the teachers know this they will make more of an effort to help you with what you don't understand. Good Luck, Mandy
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

but that stuff is mainly opposite commen sence (blue stars are hottest, and red stars are coolest and ready to die), so mainly its memorization...

Thats because of the nature of light. InfraRed is lower on the spectrum then the blue and violet lights.

c - light (constant speed)

(lamba) - wavelength

(mu) - amplitude

c = (lambda) (mu)

Hence since it's a ratio that must stay equal to the constant, the larger (wider) the wavelength, the lower the amplitude (height) and vice versa.

Infrared is lower on the spectrum, with a larger wavelength, meaning it has a lower amplitude then violet light.

That's why Gamma Rays give you radiation poisoning, UV rays penetrate deep into your skin, microwaves merely cook food, and radio waves are totally harmless.

Memorization without understanding is going to make you forget your material... :sadbye:
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Doh- nut, can I pm you a lot for help? You seem to know what youre doing............. *no offense to anyone else*

Tomorrow I will change

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

Can't say I'm not alive

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Ok. :P
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.