Does School Bore You To Tears?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Does School Bore You To Tears?

Post by Doh!-Nut »

This is probably going to be a popular poll. :lol:
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
Shwynsh
Veteran

Re: Does School Bore You To Tears?

Post by Shwynsh »

I dont let it get to me. If you tune it out, its okay.. leaves you alone with your thoughts.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I say a tad boring at times, but i usually love school...haha...but i voted for a tad boring at times...haha
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

The bad man must be stopped. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Yea but are you learning anything? :blink:
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

No.

I think it's alright. I find sciences really interesting and I've taken three this year so it's all good. But when English or Art (my other two subjects out of five) come up in my timetable, I shiver, and that's when it's boring.

I don't get to see my friends outside school a lot because we've always got way too much homework, and I enjoy seeing them. I'm sad, but I like to work myself hard and I count my education as a very big part of my life because I have big, big ambitions that I'm desperate to achieve.

I am learning, I'm learning all the time... Both about life and I dunno... How many molecules there are in 9.6g of magnesium oxide :blink:. Sometimes what you learn seems pointless, but it's all a journey :)
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

i think school is all what u make out of it. u have to go there every day so u might as well make it fun u know?
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo »

i just think its too easy and i dont enjoy the maority of people that i go to school with so thats mainly the reason...im not challenged enough so if i were i would enjoy going to school so much more.
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you
Gostridah
Loyal

Post by Gostridah »

It depends on the subject. Math and Science are cool, but the rest is either boring or vomit-inducing.
Soul
Loyal

Post by Soul »

Some subjects murder me, like Western Civ and Math...because all we do is take notes and I have to fight to keep my eyes open. Then I have Bio where we do labs and crap, so thats okay. I just HATE taking a whole period of notes, It's sooooooo boring.
I had the notion that you'd make me forget the world...But your undecisive mind shows me that you are "just another guyl"...I had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real...What if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel...

But that day will most likely never come for me

And it's just my luck to end up getting stuck

... to everything you are...

<...The Spill Canvas...
angelbbi55
Loyal

Post by angelbbi55 »

It's not usually boring...but if it was, in my classes you wouldn't be able to tune it out anyways...the teachers yell at the kids in my class a lot because they talk and talk and talk...it'd be a miricle if Alex ever shut his big mouth actually
I look into your eyes

So full of pain and betrayl

And as I wipe the tear from your face

I see that they've never looked so beautiful...
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Math is fine, but the whole concept of a math class is stupid.

Who's bright idea was it to herd some people into a room, drone on and on about some stupid crap you have no idea what it will be used for, then take notes the entire time without really knowing why? Why would they think that's a good way to learn?

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

The problem with school is that (well in my anyway) we aren't there to learn more about the subject. We're there to study for exams. It's always 'this is the kind of question you might get in the exam'. Like in French for example, we don't learn how to speak the language, we learn how to pass exams.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
nevermindmylife
Loyal

Post by nevermindmylife »

university is the most boring thing in the whole world... I can't believe I paid to go to it... *sigh*... that is enough to make you cry

<span style=\'color:red\'be sure to stay strong

for hope is always coming right along

Gostridah
Loyal

Post by Gostridah »

Lol Doh!-Nut, I guess there could be a better way, but they're probably too lazy. Wonderful education system, yep yep. I don't really complain about Math because I like it, but when it's another subject (e.g. History)... ugh.

And most of the time they don't tell you what it is for because it's useless in fact. Or it's just to be able to do something else, which is also useless.
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Yea but take graphing inequalities for example...

No one told me how great they are for solving Bose-Einstein Statistics in Quantum Mechanics!

Now THAT'S interesting... :lol:
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."

- Albert Einstein
angelbbi55
Loyal

Post by angelbbi55 »

I keep wondering why people go on and on about how boring math is...and I know that most people have really boring math classes but even though I'm not really good at math and it's my worst class right now, I'm still not doing to poorly and my math teacher is the coolest. He makes it a lot funner for everybody which is really cool because it's the advanced math course and a lot of the people really don't know what the hell they're doing.
I look into your eyes

So full of pain and betrayl

And as I wipe the tear from your face

I see that they've never looked so beautiful...
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

I love every class exept PE and Algebra... School can be a tad bit boring at times. But usually all my other classes are fun and interesting.
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

I think Doh-Nut's signature pretty much sums it all up for me, and most others.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good