Popular?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
qsgurl3324
Loyal

Popular?

Post by qsgurl3324 »

Have you ever thought... "Am I popular?" Have you ever worried about whether or not your hair,makeup,clothes,or other materials were good enough? Well who's to actually tell what makes you popular and what doesn't? Too many times people spend their lives wanting to look/be someone else. I worry about it sometimes but then think... people are going to like me no matter what i wear. Its who i am that counts, i've changed my look into a sporty laid back look. I can dress to impress if i have to, but i like to be different. I bought a Celtics dress which is adorable, and nobody else has anything like it. girls talk about me behind my back because i wore it. Why do people always do this?! will it ever change?
~Qsgurl~[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Soul
Loyal

Re: Popular?

Post by Soul »

The truth is, they wont change any time soon, when someone starts to make fun of them....thats where is all turns around. They are shallow, and it takes another shallow person to make fun of them to open their eyes. Wear what you want and do what you want because it wont matter to them in a year anyway. Dont change your ways cause of them.
I had the notion that you'd make me forget the world...But your undecisive mind shows me that you are "just another guyl"...I had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real...What if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel...

But that day will most likely never come for me

And it's just my luck to end up getting stuck

... to everything you are...

<...The Spill Canvas...
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Yeah, it's a universal condition. I'm afraid nothing will change people.

Sad, but true. That's why high school can really be stupid. It's worse for girls, in my experience, though.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

Ya know, there is a girl at my school that you remind me of... most everyone loves her. she is so sweet. i think the big reason why she isn't judged as much is because of her wonderful personality, and her self-confidence. she has so much self confidence that you think she will explode from all of it. and she didn't give up and go back to being like everyone else when she started being judged at first. she stuck with how SHE wanted to dress and act and more and more people started to accept her. of course not everyone will, some people are just... well, not nice, or narrow minded. you deal with people like that in every situation though. stick with what YOU want to do, and don't let others influence your personality or style.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

People are jerks. I mean, everyone's gonna have SOME kind of opinion. They're not always gonna be nice, but the best you can do is ignore them (Or flip them off) lol, but that'd be me ;)

Anyway, I don't think it'll change. Everyone in this world is different and we can't really change them. We have ignorant people (Tons of those), people who care to listen, etc. So we can't really change everyone's ways. Sometimes they're just jealous. ;)
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

my love for u
Loyal

Post by my love for u »

what is being "popular" anyways? its better to know less people and have them actually like u, than know a ton of people who just talk crap on u anyways, right? everyone knows the "popular" people, but are they really THAT great? clothes, makeup and all that shouldnt make u popular, but in this society they do...everyone is just better off being who they feel comfortable being ((wish i could take some of my own advice )) :P
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I don't care about being popular at all, I just live for myself. Once you get out of high school it will change.
raine
Loyal

Post by raine »

You know, I've never really wanted friends, so I can't relate. But taking people's casual gossip seriously is a joke. I guarantee they don't care as much as you do.
What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary.

~Stephen Hawking.

Estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth!

Donnie Darko.
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

i htink alot of people do thiss becouse they cant find anything better to do with ther bring life. instead of trying to improve there own life they would better make other people feel worse.

sad i know but thats the third rock from the sun 4 u! :wacko:
my 2 cents.....
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

I dont care for popularity one bit. I'm not your average teen age girl really. Dont give a damn about my hair as long as its out of my face, dont wear make up, i'm quite happy in men's cargo pants[dun make the ones i like for girls] and a t-shirt, dont care about my stupid achne, none of that. I'm a bit of a tomboy i supose, but not a real tom boy either, 'm still a girl so i am lol.

After i've graduated, i know i wont be looking back on my highschool days and remember what people wore, and how they looked, and who they were with, and who's friends they were- and i'm deeply sorry for any one who will do that!

After i've graduated, i'll look back on my highschool days and think about the time on the bus when i laughed for no reason, about how my friends and i were always the loudest table during lunch, that crazy pictures that we've taken, the movie that we're makeing [will hopefuly have made], and who knows what else i've forgotten for the moment, and thats only my first 2 years of highschool! WHo gives a shit who liked who and who who's "best friend" was, and how much money who had and ect ect ect. Ugh!

I take extreem pride in my originality, my proudest achivement is, this is gona sound egotistical but its not, my self- my novile, werid, insane, crazy, odd and eccentric self. The rest is shallow teenage overkill.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/