School Violence

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Sam
Veteran

School Violence

Post by Sam »

What do you think of school violence?

There has been alot of fights happening at my school lately and its really stressing me out because its getting close to a shooting or stabbing or something. I am really scared. And today at another high school near 10 minutes from my house there was a fight and a guy ended up pulling out a machettee (sp?) (ome of those big knives). I hate violence. I am scared to go to school.
I LOVE DON!!!!

***Marrying My Best Friend June 21 2008!***

"What is real? How do you define real? If your talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste or see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

"I tried to kill the pain but only brought more"

"aww, you guys made me ink!"
archers_angel
Veteran

Re: School Violence

Post by archers_angel »

Thats really terrible.

You should make sure that all the important members of staff are aware of this problem- it might help a bit. Hopefully, they sould suspend the people causing trouble, or alert the police. You shouldn't have to feel scared when going to school, it should be a place where you feel safe, and if this violence is affecting your education, write a petition, or write to your local newspaper, and hopefully something should be done.
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

thats awful. i think its so wrong
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

school violence is horrible!!

i hate it!!

i feel that it should be aloud...

personally, i feel that its the parents fault---slightly...

i mean who prob. gave him the knife? he just can't buy it (at least in my area you have to be 21 to purchase a knife / gun / weapon)

but it deafintly shouldn't happin...

at my school we have at least 1 bomb treat, 1 hit list, and 1 person w/ a knife every year! And i go to a public school w/ less them 400 students 7-12 grade...

Its a scary world out there
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

it was a daily thing at my High school. I was down in the "Ghetto" school, it was 40% white, 50% black and 10% mexicans. scary. Now it was just an unsaid fact that around 75% of the school carreid guns, knifes, and shit like that. even i carried a knife on myself at all times, a good 4 inch knife to protect myself. You just got use to it. Knifes were pulled on someone everyday. what you learned was to shut up, never get on someones bad side and mind your own bussness.

Trust me, when your accused of stealing $25 from a leaders of some gangs sister, thats when your scared. (lucky for me, she called home and her mom spotted in where she left it, on top of her tv... THAT was scary)
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

wow that does sounf scray. is there someone at school u could talk to like a fav teahcer or somehting just to vent?
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea