Is School Just Not Challenging Enough.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Crazytrain12788
Loyal

Is School Just Not Challenging Enough.

Post by Crazytrain12788 »

i just cant stand how boring school is. i have 3 As and 3 B+s. mainly casue i didnt give a crap bout homework. i just sorta slept in every class and got As on every test. well math is a boring class cause i know a lot of the stuff in geometry. i cant wait till i take algebra 2 and pre calc in the same year. but everything else is not challenging and soo boring. i dont see why people hate math too. its the only thing that makes me happy in school besides the girls who dont talk to me.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Is School Just Not Challenging Enough.

Post by SirPostAlot »

school is kinda boring (there was a poll about this...please view)...

i feel that its kinda boring, but soemthing that you need to deal w/

before this year i was a straight A student...now i have 2 B's...:(
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

School bores me soooo much. I could probably get all A's if it weren't for all of the busy work.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

lol is school not challenging enough...

I remember when I was younger (about 11/12) my teachers used to tell my parents I was so bored with the work, it was too easy, that I kept making stupid mistakes. But now I'm doing my highers, school is challenging. But I'm rising to it, I hope. I've got big dreams.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Sosa
Loyal

Post by Sosa »

yeah i got 4 A's 3 B's and a C this quarter they only reason I got a C is cause missed that class twice so I got behind n was just like fuck it.id prolly do better than that if i would actually focus on my schoolwork and study and not always b fallin alseep in class.its straiight with me though those grades r still aiight and ill still get into a ok unviersity pretty easy
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

school is so easy that its boring and so i dont do my work a lot because its so easy. (There, i figured out how to say it.) :)
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Your lucky. School is so boring for me I can't even bring myself to do the work.

:furious:
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

School is such a breeze for me. It dosent bore me its just that the work is so easy.
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
andi
Loyal

Post by andi »

well some people arent as good at those things as others. I mean i'm in college and i havent taken pre-calc yet...because i'll die in that class! i think you should just be happy that these things come easier for you. Also, try to challenge yourself...school may be boring..but you have to do it so you might as well make the best of it. Do really well and then get into harvord...i guarentee that you'll be challenged then!!!!!

*andi*
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

School is hard for me, well... at least my back-to-back English and History which are meant to be hard. Only two classes of people can take them, and it's college level. Ahh, and I'm smothering! I have a D right now!! An A in English, though... but I love english so...

We have presentations twice a month and essay tests on philosophical concepts, and it takes HOURS to do the homework she assigns in History... sad...

I've never had such a challenge in school. But my other classes are far too easy. :D
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

geez i wish i had ur brains! it sounds to me like ud dint register for the right clases. u know ur in ghischool so say ur ahead in some classes u can skip a level and go to to next. talk to ur guidance counsler.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
She
Veteran

Post by She »

The material in my classes keeps me pretty alert. I like school right now and I am learning stuff. The challenging part is balancing those god damn busywork grades to keep my grade at a 95% so I can keep my GPA up.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

School can be boring. In Georgia History, it's the same thing everyday. *snores* But, Science is hard for me. Language Arts is a piece of cake, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Algebra! It's my favorite! It's easy and fun and awesome! That's my favorite thing about school because it's the only thing I'm really good at. But anywho, I'll stop jabbering now. Lol.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
Glitter
Loyal

Post by Glitter »

Ok I go to a prep school that's spose to challenge you. 2 A's 2 B's 2 C's the chem teacher sucks. He goes ova teh same stuff 3 days in a row I sleep. Spanish sucks cus I hate spanish, I hate english, US hist is ok. Health is great. and I LOVE Alg. 2 I also can't wwait for Adv. Bio next yr and AP Hist. I'm a geek I know check my scchool out at http://www.lalumiere.org
I'm Jamie that's me RENT rocks

"Will I loose my dignity will someone care will I wake tomorrow from this nightmare"
MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan »

i totally agree with you! school has never been challenging for me, and i somehow doubt that it will ever seriously be challenging until university for me.

this term i have 1 C, 1 C+, 2 B's, and how many ever the rest is are A's and A+'s

the only thing that makes school any hassle for me at all is the big workloads some teachers give out. i mean i can do it, i know i can, but why so much at once?

oh and my C's were in social and art, two classes that this will be my final year taking anyways.

yeah, i totally agree, school is only slightly more exciting than watching grass grow, but less so than watching paint dry (and about a million times as much work for about just as much of a reward from my parents, they dont care what i get or how good i do, they always say that i should do better than i already am even if it's my best)
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

This is why i'm in all pre-ap/ap [being a sophmore i only take ap world history right now] classes. Funness. I love school.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/