Arent There Any Laws Against This?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
CoolChick123
Loyal

Arent There Any Laws Against This?

Post by CoolChick123 »

ok heres my story:

my boyfriend graduated from HS in 2002...his senior year he was in the car w/ his friend on his lunch break, and his friend pulled out some speed...right as he did a security guard walked up- BUSTED! my boyfriend didnt have anything on him, but when they searched his car they found a pipe, empty baggy, etc.- marijuana paraphenalia. they took his heart rate and it was fast (duh he was nervous) and made claims that he was under the influence, and suspended him (he wasnt). this all happened when he was 17.

anyways since all this happened my school had a winter formal dance (in jan). i had to get a guest pass approved by my school where they called his old HS and confirmed some shit...it was approved

ok, so now he is 19, and this year i go to get a homecoming pass aproved and its denied! they say they called his school and got some information and denied it...ok, but why wasnt it denied last time? i dont understand, nothing has happened since then! the v. pricipal from my school refused to talk about the reasons, or the "incident" and he called it..

so my boyfriend went to his high school to find out which information they gave my school...he wasnt able to find out until he finds out WHO actually said it...but the lady from the office informed him that information like that isnt supposed to be given over the phone

what i want to know is dont any of us have any rights?! like, are they allowed to hold something against him that happened when he was a minor? is there any way to beat this?
andi
Loyal

Re: Arent There Any Laws Against This?

Post by andi »

probably not. The school system can pretty much do whatever it wants to keep everyone safe...sorry hun this is one of those things where you have to bite the bullet and accept it.
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
four
Veteran

Post by four »

All constitutional rights may and will be suspended by the federal government. The school is an institution of the federal government and therefor will do it as well. Not being considered an adult legally also causes them to ignore all constitutional rights. Welcome to 1984.
NAAM
bluegluegoo
Loyal

Post by bluegluegoo »

until you turn 18 you have no constitutional rights in the us. sucks, dont it? and the school can do basically anything they want, to "keep the students safe". to me, its a lot of bs, and im glad im out. but im sorry that happened to you, hun, that must have really sucked!
~ i tried to kill my pain, but only brought more (so much more) ~

~these wounds wont seem to heal; this pain is just too real; theres just too much that time cannot erase~
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

I got arrested for tresspassing after I had checked in. The vice principal told me he was glad he could help through my family life into a further downward spiral, so I flipped him off. He had me arrested. Schools can do whatever they want.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

Originally posted by FryGuy@Nov 5 2003, 01:11 AM

I got arrested for tresspassing after I had checked in. The vice principal told me he was glad he could help through my family life into a further downward spiral, so I flipped him off. He had me arrested. Schools can do whatever they want.

Thats messed up that he would say that. Can't you talk to the school board about it??
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young