Failing

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
tillthedayidie
Loyal

Failing

Post by tillthedayidie »

i am failing biology with a 59. and the semester is almost over and i cant fail it and take it again. i dont know why im failing i do mosy of the homework ( i know i should do more and i study my butt off for the test and fail everyone of them. any body know any good ways to help me study or concentrate?
love=nonexistant

i believe that lovers should be tied together and thrown in the ocean in the worst of weather and left there to drown left there to drown in their innocence i believe that lovers should be chained together and thrown into a fire with their songs and letters and left there to burn in their arrogance

aim=gangstaninjaxx.. ill be glad to help or just listen if you need someone to talk to
junglemonkey
Veteran

Re: Failing

Post by junglemonkey »

Do you have any specific biology problems we could help you out with? I mean is there anything you don't understand?
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
tillthedayidie
Loyal

Post by tillthedayidie »

just about all of it, i get everything mixed up, espacally the mRNA, tRNA alleles and well everything really
love=nonexistant

i believe that lovers should be tied together and thrown in the ocean in the worst of weather and left there to drown left there to drown in their innocence i believe that lovers should be chained together and thrown into a fire with their songs and letters and left there to burn in their arrogance

aim=gangstaninjaxx.. ill be glad to help or just listen if you need someone to talk to
andi
Loyal

Post by andi »

flash cards...they take forever to make...but while you make them you learn the stuff and then just keep reviewing them until u get them all right...i swear if you take the time to do this then it WILL work and you WILL get an A or a B on the test. good luck...

oh and do ALL the homework...and talk to your teacher...communication is key. He/She will really appriciate it if you approach them about your grade instead of the other way around. ask if you can make up the missed homework for partial credit...

*andi*
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

well if the smester is almost over sadly u might be out of luck. but talk to ur teahcer. go in some day after school and get things straight. look at everything though. do u particaipate in class? are u constantly tardy? do u skip or are u absent alot? even if its excused are u absent alot? do u not hand in hw? do u not study for teats resulting if failing tests? do u not try? do u go in with a negative attitudE? all these things can potennially lead to gettiong an "f" in class. go after with her and sit her down see what ur missinf and what is causoing the f and most importantly see if theres anything u can do to bump ur grade up. good luck
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Did you mean protein synthesis, DNA replication ... etc? If you give me a list of what you're doing I could try and help you!
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
tillthedayidie
Loyal

Post by tillthedayidie »

the flash card thing sounds pretty good i may try that, im never trady, ive missed 4 days in that class, i do try and i take all the notes, i try to study but i just cant keep one thing on my mind, its like theres someone in my head that keeps changing the channel as soon as i get started i mean i try, ive tried studying in the quiet but that makes me get bored and i really cant concentrate, i try to study like i do in math, the wa i pass math is mainly bc my teacher lets us have our cd players and it drowns out all the talking everyone is doing, but that isnt working, ive studied with a friend who passing that class, ive studied with someone i didnt really know whos passing that class, ive tried to talk to mr. mcworter but he says i cant make up anything bc if he lets me then hed have to let everyone else, well on the DNA stuff i dont get any of it ive been lost for the past chapters, and on monday we start disecting things, when we do something fun thats when everything comes to me i mean i can get it if the lessons arent boing. i cant learn by sitting there listening, i have to do hands on work, when we do labs i usually get most of it.they may be the problem. but for the exams i think i will bring my book home and go through each chapter and make cards to study from. i also heard that if you study to much in one day then your more likely to forget it is that true????
love=nonexistant

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hey!

Hmm...try using mnemonics. (memory tricks) to help you learn. If you ever need help though, just AIM me at petitsavon. I love biology.

Cheers!

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Are u working on genitics? Is that what u are confused on? With that most of the work u either know it or you don't and once u understand it u think its easy. I took honors biology last year let me know if I can help u. I'd suggest talking to your teacher maybe she could help u before or afterschool a little bit more.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
ChainedPrincess7
Dedicated

Post by ChainedPrincess7 »

It is true if you study too lond, it's not as effective. You should try studying with your flashcards for short periods of time, like 20-30 min. Then take a break and do something fun. And then go back to studying again. The breaks in between can really help you get your mind off stuff, so when you go back to studying your mind is clear.
DepressedTeenGurl
Dedicated

Post by DepressedTeenGurl »

here's what you should do talk to your teacfher and ask him for some help and some extra credit. than if u want get a tutor i can tutor you if u want-i took bio last year and got an A+, i understand it completly. so if you want tutoring for free e-mail me at DKNY11050@aol.com
IGnorance is bliss.

Life is like a box of choclates you never know what you're going to get-forest gump

Dunt just wih upon a star go shoot for one.
snsareformorons
Loyal

Post by snsareformorons »

i HATE that class, i am getting a 89 but its slipping more and more by the day!!! AHH~
Imagine:

To stand on top of the highest cliff.

To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.

To draw the final breath,

To make that little step,

To know, that for once a decision was made,

To feel one foot above the abyss,

To think for a split second you can float in the air

To feel losing balance,

To fall,

To feel the cold wind violently caress you,

To see the ground coming closer,

Then to doubt

To wish yourself back to the top of the peak

the one that you are pacing away from.

Only to perish, knowing you cannot turn back
Bettyisfun2003
Loyal

Post by Bettyisfun2003 »

study! :)
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Stop worrying about the grade so much and go for learning.
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
BleedingThrough422
Loyal

Post by BleedingThrough422 »

i didn't read all the posts but i'm in biology and my teacher is an on-line freak and she's made a web-site, it's goes w/ her class and all but it has the online quizzes for our book....glencoe w/ a picture of a whale on it. pm and i'll give you my password so you can use the quizzes if you want....and she also has awesome links for like the whole book...some of them have like pictures so the concepts make more since and other sites have like songs to memorize the stuff. hope i helped and good luck :thumbsup: w/ your grade!!!
aim: prettypickleplz

Hate is sadness wrapped in razors.

<<Aaron French

Don't hate me because I wasn't who you thought I was , or who you wanted me to be. From the beginning , you never knew who I was.

<span style=\'color:green\'"Wanting to be somone else is a waste of the person you are."

.::Kurt Cobain::.
Illusions
Loyal

Post by Illusions »

bio is a pain in the ass.. i study 10 hours for every test for a C average. However, I am lucky to be in honors so we have a science project that is almost completion.

If I was you I would try to talk to the teacher. Maybe even get help from another teacher. And read, re-read, and re-read your book. They say it gets worse in Chemistry and Physics.. arghh.
Once I set my heart on something, I just won?t quit until I get it.

Even if it starts looking like the wrong thing to go after, you know?

I don?t stop to question it; I just go for it, figuring once I?ve got it, I?ll worry about the rest.
pokl
Loyal

Post by pokl »

maybe get a totor it didnt work 2 weel 4 me but you never know
i had an idea it would save world hunger nobody world every have to be homeless and it would bring world peace

then forgot what it was
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

look into tutoring, and see if that helps, do all your homework, that way if you do bad on the test, your grade wont be as bad, know what i mean? i did fairly well in biology so if you need help ask me and ill try ok?

:hug:
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
pokl
Loyal

Post by pokl »

can you do any extra credit?
i had an idea it would save world hunger nobody world every have to be homeless and it would bring world peace

then forgot what it was