What A Twisted Web We Weave.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
gothicskunk
Hooked On HelpingTeens

What A Twisted Web We Weave.

Post by gothicskunk »

I know I posted in this forum a while ago, but much has changed in those few days, and I have made a decision, one that will hopefully make me much happier in days to come. I need to get away, or atleast away from school. It has and will never have much bearing in the life I feel that I am going to lead. I will never need to use governmen or history skills. I have what I need, why can't I just leave it at that.

I had a conversation with someone earlier today, someone who used to be my friend, but everyone I was friends with started to hang out with him all the time and now they all sound like him. I should just let it go, but I want to know what a couple others think before I make my final decision on this subject. I beleive that it may be for the better if I do what I do, but it may not be. Only time tells wether the path we set foot on leads to an abrubt drop at a cliff, or a long winding road through a green valley.

There is a little bit of language in this, but I wasn't exact on the policy so I decided to edit it out, or at least asterik it.

ShadowShpere: shouldn't you be at school

ZeikTalmon: Probably

ShadowShpere: y r u not

ZeikTalmon: Because, A: I"m starting to not feel the need for a diploma, B: I wanted to get some cleaning done, and C: I was in a fairly bad mood last night and this morning.

ShadowShpere: 1st reason is bulshit

ShadowShpere: second reason can be done after school

ShadowShpere: third reason get over it you whinny little b***h

ZeikTalmon: Should listen to your own advice there John.

ShadowShpere: ok i'm not going to tell you i have reason to be in a bad mood...but listrn i'm in the process of getting over it

ShadowShpere: and i do things besides gripe and bitch

ZeikTalmon: Didn't say I was in a bad mood right now.

ZeikTalmon: and I'm not griping or bitching about my bad mood.

ZeikTalmon: YOu asked why, and I told you.

ShadowShpere: well i'm sorry you have to have something to gripe about you always do

ZeikTalmon: Yeah, well. Neither you, Bridger, nor anyone else is going to have to listen to my griping for much longer. That sound good John

ZeikTalmon: I'm not going to kill myself though.

ShadowShpere: no....because your about to say i'm going to kill myself..oh i stsnd corected

ShadowShpere: what you moving

ShadowShpere: because you sure as hell not going to grow up

ZeikTalmon: I've fully decided that school is a crock of s***. I don't need a full diploma.

ZeikTalmon: The second I'm 18, I"m taking off.

ShadowShpere: alright waste your life and sulk

ZeikTalmon: Don't know where too, or what I"m going to do.

ZeikTalmon: I do know that I am going to get out of this town and find something that makes me happy.

ZeikTalmon: Sure I sulk alot, and mope around.

ShadowShpere: thats right why don't run off to the circus like everyone else

ShadowShpere: with no plan

ZeikTalmon: But you don't know what exactly goes on inside my head John.

ZeikTalmon: You don't know whyI am the way I am.

ShadowShpere: f*** you

ShadowShpere: you don't get t pull that buls*** on me

ZeikTalmon: Look, I'm not being an ass, so why are you?

ShadowShpere: no one does any more

ZeikTalmon: I'm being sincere John

ZeikTalmon: And nice about the way I'm putting this.

ShadowShpere: you don't get to use you don't know what it's like or your a hypocrite on me any more

ZeikTalmon: I'm not dumping a f*** you

ZeikTalmon: But you don't know what its like, do you.

ZeikTalmon: And I don't know what its like to be you

ShadowShpere: i said you cant use that excuse

ZeikTalmon: So I wouldn't be in my place to say I know what you think or why you do things.

ShadowShpere: you cant use 1.)you don't know what its like

ZeikTalmon: And you aren't in your place saying the same about me.

ShadowShpere: 2.)your a hypocrite

ZeikTalmon: And so are you

ZeikTalmon: But things change John. People and places change. Things move and differ.

ShadowShpere: listen i have studied existencilism i know your argument

ShadowShpere: but the way your using it is bull crap

ZeikTalmon: And I'm tired of being some self hating person who does nothing about what they want in life.

ShadowShpere: and i'm tired of people and there crap

ZeikTalmon: And I'm finally going to put my paw down on this john.

ZeikTalmon: and do something about it.

ShadowShpere: then stop it but don't use those excuses on me

ZeikTalmon: They aren't excuses john

ShadowShpere: i will no longer tolerate "you don't know what its like"

ZeikTalmon: I finally want my life the way I want it badly enough that I'm going to do something about it.

ShadowShpere: that excuse is bull crap to me

ZeikTalmon: But you don't.

ZeikTalmon: And what about your excuses.

ShadowShpere: why don't i and what excuses

ShadowShpere: what god d*** excuse have i given you

ShadowShpere: ever

ZeikTalmon: "that excuse is bull crap to me" That is an excuse in and of itself johnathan.

ShadowShpere: what of my problems have i brought to you doorsteep

ZeikTalmon: None, and I have brought many to yours.

ZeikTalmon: But I"m not going to anymore.

ZeikTalmon: Not to you, nor anyone.

ZeikTalmon: I"m going to deal with them myself.

ShadowShpere: no that is a counter nulifacation to your excuse

ShadowShpere: alright but listen

ShadowShpere: no longer say you don't know what it is like

ShadowShpere: and no longer say what do you know your a hypocrite

ZeikTalmon: Its the truth, you don't.

ZeikTalmon: How am I being a hypocrite.

ShadowShpere: theese two excuses no longer hold any validation for me

ShadowShpere: i know i didn't put in the commas but read

ZeikTalmon: Than don't listen to them, ignore them. But the fact that you don't know what its like to be me is a truth, and not an excuse.

ShadowShpere: read it again

ShadowShpere: since it is not an excuse than you can not use it as a justifaction

ZeikTalmon: You know, all you ever do is use technicalities on the use of english words to make yourself sound smarter.

ZeikTalmon: At least thats what it seems to me.

ZeikTalmon: And has always seemed to me.

ShadowShpere: listen i need not hide behind any flowery words

ShadowShpere: my truths are plain and simple

ZeikTalmon: Just because you may have studied subjects on analysis of people and subjects, doesn't mean you know how to deal with them in any way, shape, or form.

ShadowShpere: as am i...i am sorry that the "more complex" people such as you can't understand them

ZeikTalmon: Didn't say I was more complex. Maybe more f***ed up.

ZeikTalmon: Maybe far differn't.

ZeikTalmon: Maybe a little deeper into the hole inside their minds.

ShadowShpere: it was once said that the messanger is not a relfection of the content of the letter

ZeikTalmon: No, but the messanger is always the one to get it

ShadowShpere: even if i were not true

ShadowShpere: even if i was as you claim

ShadowShpere: I know the words the thoughts I bring are true

ShadowShpere: and if you can't judge me then how can you say you might be deeper in the hole than i am

ZeikTalmon: Where is it in my place to judge others if I can't judge what I am myself.

ShadowShpere: than how can you say that your might be more f***ed up than me

ZeikTalmon: I may be an outcast, a freak, a goth, a punk, a fur, a metal head, but that is not what I am.

ZeikTalmon: might

ZeikTalmon: its a possibility

ShadowShpere: and if we are both n that situation is it not then posiible to understand you as i understand my self

ZeikTalmon: I didn't say that I was or wasn't.

ZeikTalmon: No, because if we are both in that situation, than we don't understand ourselves, therefore, we shouldn't be judges to other people.

ShadowShpere: so you throw out a hypothetical to protect yourself

ShadowShpere: aw but it was not a judgement that i first profered but an understanding withch you denied

ShadowShpere: but on the ground of you denial i find your counter

ShadowShpere: you don't know yourself

ShadowShpere: therefore i don't need to know you to understand you anymore than you do

ShadowShpere: so you can not say that i don't understand

ZeikTalmon: But you do need to know someone, to know them.

ShadowShpere: but you don't knwo yourself you just said

ZeikTalmon: And its true, I don't.

ShadowShpere: then how can i be expected

ShadowShpere: to

ZeikTalmon: You aren't expected to know me.

ZeikTalmon: I'm just tired of you acting like you do

ZeikTalmon: Acting like you know what to say that sounds like the right advice

ShadowShpere: listen....

ShadowShpere: what i have said sums up to this

ShadowShpere: 1.)you can no longer use the excuse "your a hypocrite what do you know" on me

ShadowShpere: 2.) you can no longer use the excuse "you don't know what it is like"

ZeikTalmon: But you don't

ShadowShpere: I have derived this conlclusion from two sources

ShadowShpere: first and the most simple

ZeikTalmon: and until you do, I won't stop using it.

ShadowShpere: you use these bith in tandem

ShadowShpere: between theese two you cover all possibliities

ShadowShpere: therefoire you have excluded everyone

ShadowShpere: theese two can not be used dimiltaneously

ShadowShpere: think about it...

ZeikTalmon: But myself, and I myself am the only one who can begin to understand my being and existence.

ShadowShpere: next you said that we do not even know are selfes

ShadowShpere: no!....listen

ZeikTalmon: Thats why I must begin to understand myself.

ShadowShpere: you said you can't even know yourself and that you do not...

ShadowShpere: and to follow this argument i do not know you

ShadowShpere: but i understasnd you as you do for i know wheat it is like to not know you

ShadowShpere: and since i am in the same situation as you

ShadowShpere: in that i not know you

ZeikTalmon: It all boils down to this, in laymen terms. I am beginning to realize that I need to get a grip on my self and my life. And to do that I need to understand myself, and to understand myself, I need to get away from what I know.

ShadowShpere: i understand you

ZeikTalmon: But you don't know me

ShadowShpere: but till you do we are in the same boat and you can't use that excuse on me

ZeikTalmon: Understanding is simply comprehension of a subject

ShadowShpere: and when you finally understand yourself you won't use that excuse because you'll see it;s falicy

ZeikTalmon: knowing is comprehending everything about that person, not simpy parts of them.

ShadowShpere: forget it your follow faulty logic and leave thoughts on half barren fields...mainly those in your own mind

ShadowShpere signed off at 1:39:09 PM.

Sorry if I missed any in there.

Zeike
Kiyotie
Veteran

Re: What A Twisted Web We Weave.

Post by Kiyotie »

Ok I know that you want to drop out of school, and I respect your opinion. BUT please concider this before you decide:

http://teenadvice.about.com/library/wee ... ingout.htm **very good!!

http://www.focusas.com/Dropouts.html

http://www.dol.gov/asp/fibre/dropout.htm

http://teenadvice.about.com/library/wee ... ingout.htm

http://www.teencareersks.com/drop.html

I do think you're making a mistake but I'm not going to try to talk you out of it, it's your decision. How exactly do you plan on making a living?
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
true
Loyal

Post by true »

I know how you feel- we're all conformists, and the only reason we wake up and go to school is because that's just what we do, even if we're unhappy doing it. . .

what you need is a plan. What do you love to do? What are you good at? The only way to stay motivated in life is to have something to work towards. If you know where you're going, why you're busting your ass at school, if will make a lot more since, and you'll feel less lost. I know how you feel, but dropping out to fight the machine is no way to go about it- you're just feeding it that way. The only way to beat it is to get through it and then prove it wrong. You have to know the rules before you can break them.
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Moving to General School.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

all of us wish that we don't need to be in school...but don't think of the present...think of the future!!

stay in school...

dropping out can be "successful" 3% of the time!!

97% of the time it isn't successful...you work at M-Donalds and thats it...

just stay in school....a high school deploma is better then nothing! you could always join the military or even work at a local place and be promoted up the ranks...working at M-Donalds and such aren't bad, but if you don't have a dipola, you can't be promoted and you will be a cashier for the rest of your working days...

just stay in school...for your futures sake! :)