Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I wish I were a spy.
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Re: .

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I just have my lamp on...the only "smaller light" would be a flashlight and I'm pretty sure that will make things look worse :blink: Grr I'm so stupid :'(
I wish I were a spy.
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

What movie was it? :huh:

Play soft music all night long, like Sarah Mclachlan or something like that.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

hmm watch a happy silly movie when you are ready to go to bed and try falling asleep watching it, leave your lamp on and cuddle up in bed and watch it! :hug:
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

aw

what about those cds that sound like the ocean or rain or something...

maybe that will help u fall asleep and calm down. lol i have no clue
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I watched The Ring :'( But it wasn't the American one, it was the original. It wasn't that scary at the time...but I keep getting flashbacks and it freaks me out :pinch:

I think rain noises might freak me out even more lol.

And I do play music. Rock music lol. It helps but I can't play it every night forever can I?

thanks though. I will just "think happy thoughts" or something :blink:
I wish I were a spy.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I hate scary movies!!I am a scardie cat!!

Best way, keep lights on!! Sleep w/ a light on and you should be able to go to sleep...i always kept a flashlight after watching the Sixth Sence...i was 14 years old walking around my house w/ aflashlight becasue i was scared there would be dead people in my room!!

I hate scary movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
silentrunning

Post by silentrunning »

If you can find some kind of mental "trick" that can impact your dreams and manipulate them that way before going to sleep. Maybe a funny movie does it for some people, or maybe thinking about friends or all the good things in your life. Food or fantasies of beautiful places, whatever you like. Things like that can set your mind into a different state, and maybe get you through the night better.

I have a trick that works for me (most likely ONLY me:) and that is just before I go to sleep I think of all the things I DON'T want to dream about and then say to myself "you are probably going to dream about <insert nightmare here)

Then for some reason I don't. I got the idea when I liked this girl and had a dream about her. Every night for a long time I would go to bed and say That I hoped I'd probably dream about her again. I never did, I'm thinking it's because I expected to.. For some reason whatever I expect to dream about I don't.

So one night I tried the same trick after a nightmare and the nightmare never came back on nights I did that. So WIERD.

Anyway, I can't imagine this would work for anyone else, but I do believe I'm on to something a psychologist might be able to explain. Hope this wasn't too silly of a confession. :)
SilentRunning

"Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself

and know that everything in life has a purpose."

-Elisabeth K?bler-Ross (1926 -)

"God is the friend of silence.

See how nature-trees, flowers, grass-grows in silence;

see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...

We need silence to be able to touch souls."

-Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

angelbbi55
Loyal

Post by angelbbi55 »

LMAO!!! Hun, the first time I saw The Ring the same thing happened to me too, the only thing that freaked me is that when I was watching it, my phone rings!! For a whole week I was scared out of my friggin mind thinkin she was gonna come kill me!!! Oh, and something dumber, for 5 months after I saw the blair witch project for the first time...I was SOOOO scared, slept with the door open EVERY night!
I look into your eyes

So full of pain and betrayl

And as I wipe the tear from your face

I see that they've never looked so beautiful...
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

I'm ok for sleep if I watch scary movies....I just cannot under any circumstances read a scary book before I go to bed...........scary books are what give me the nightmares.............:shivers:

::::editited for an oopsies::::
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
She
Veteran

Post by She »

If you face your fear it's a lot easier to get over. Have your dad turn out your light for you and just curl up tight as you can under the covers. No matter how bad it gets or how scared you get, it doesn't change the fact that nothing's going to happen. You've been going to sleep for sixteen or seventeen years without any evil things stealing your soul. Make it through the night just once and it'll get easier. Eventually you'll fall asleep. :)
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

the ring. ah. my favorite scary movie. i own it, watch it frequently, and like to make my friends watch it to see their faces.

muahaha. seriously though, my little nieghbour i babysit has those sound machine things, and i can barely stay awake when i rock her to sleep. it has sounds like rain, woods, wind, ocean, stream, etc. its really cool and actually quite soothing.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...