School

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Sky
Veteran

Re: School

Post by Sky »

Maybe you have ADD/ADHD... You seem to have alot of the symptoms of it. Maybe you should go get it checked out. But here are a few questions to consider:

Do you get atleast 8 hours of sleep at night?

How much sugar and caffine do you have in your diet?

Are you an organized person (keeping track of school assingments, having a neat room and locker ..yaddie, yaddie, yaddie?)

Here are a few suggestions

1) Keep assignments organized

2) Keep your locker and study area neat

3) As soon as you have completed an assignment immediately put it in your agenda book, binder (for that course) or in a special homework folder

For the concentration thing... you basically have to force yourself. Force yourself to take notes on what the teacher is talking about. If you feel that you have missed somthing in class right after class or school ask the teacher about it! If you need help on anything ask the teacher for assitance that is what they are there for! They probably want to help you suceed.
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hey! The 10th grade(grade i am in now) is full of stress! Its called the hardest grade in highschool...i am not doing as good as i usually do becasue everything is lectures and no hands on or no graphs(my fav!)...so, just try to consentrate...also what Sky said was very good (of corse it is...has she ever been wrong??)

well, you can also talk to you GC (guidence counseler)

~*~Best Wishes~*~
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

I don't really see the problem with dropping out and taking the GED exam. Forget the social stigma and studies pointing out that people "never really make it" when they quit high school.

They didn't make it because they DIDN'T WANT to succeed, not because they dropped out. It's rather obvious you don't want to fail...perhaps you need different means of succeeding.

:detective:
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

have you talked to your rentals, counselor, etc? what makes school hard to go to? everyone hates school, but its something oyu just HAVE to do. depression makes it hard, im very aware of that. but you gotta force yourself to get outta bed, no matter how hard it is, no matter how much you wanna cry, and GO TO SCHOOL. ignore the things that make school bad (well all except your work of course!) and make it through the day.

when do your teachers give out homework? do they give you any time in class to do it? maybe if you know your homework assignments during class, inbetween when your teacher is doing something, you could work on it. thats what i do, and i end up with zero homework. and i get all my classwork done, and i am maintaining a 3.75 (and i only have 4 classes, which means i only have one b, guess in which subject?? thats right, spanish. hah).

sky gave some excellent tips on how to get organized. i myself found that when i used my planner/agenda book that the school gave us, i was much more organized! not only did i know what homework i had, but i also knew what was going on after school, during the week, and on the weekends.

im also one of those people who just cannot study. but what i do is make flashcards. those help ALOT. and i have a photograpic memory, so i look at the notes before a test, and somehow i can see the notes during my test. buttttt, since most people arent, i say read through the notes the night before, then right before the test, flip through your flash cards, and it really does help.

good luck! feel better sweetie... and you know you have to go back to school. if you try hard, you WONT ruin your life or fail. i know its difficult at times, but you gotta just keep your chin up and bear with it! if you wanna talk, pm me.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

it sounds like you need to talk to a guidance counselor at school. whatever you tell them will be confidential unless it is harmful to yourself or others, physically, so... you should feel comfortable with talking to them. They will be able to help you. Think about making up a more structured study schedule, and FOLLOW it!! For example, set aside 2 hours every night for just homework. If you get frustrated, dont give up. go back over the material taught to you and practice it. If its something like math and you dont understand a problem, go on to the next one, and do the ones that you CAN do.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Nov 17 2003, 08:44 PM

Hey! The 10th grade(grade i am in now) is full of stress! Its called the hardest grade in highschool...i am not doing as good as i usually do becasue everything is lectures and no hands on or no graphs(my fav!)...so, just try to consentrate...also what Sky said was very good (of corse it is...has she ever been wrong??)

well, you can also talk to you GC (guidence counseler)

~*~Best Wishes~*~

Is 10th grade really the hardest, so far it's been by far the best..but maybe it's different.

Anyways, one tip...if there are people in your class you talk to a lot, and keep you from work. Don't sit by them, i used to get distracted...I still do, but I"m cool now.

Good luck!

I hope things work out for you..
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

But did you learn anything?
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Yea but if school is boring it's kinda hard to focus. ;)
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hmm...i hate to suggeste this, but doctors give out Ritalin to people who are in your position...w/ the pill you focus your energy on school and not on guys or other things...

i never knew that was the pt. of ritalin, but i read it in my sis's mag (seventeen)...