Just Out Of Interest...

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Just Out Of Interest...

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

wat u think??? My school is really cool actually. we dont have a uniform and most people there r nice. i guess there is a bit much hwk tho
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

junglemonkey
Veteran

Re: Just Out Of Interest...

Post by junglemonkey »

Homework. The amount of homework we get is appalling.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

everything on the poll doesnt apply to my school. my school is quite normal, we get a minimal amount of homework, the teachers are mediocre, there arent any bullies, they arent too strict, what school isnt boring? our holidays are fine... but... i put other.

there are too many drugs in my schhool. people deal, use, buy, etc DURING school. you cant go in the bathroom without smelling like you just smoked either a blunt or a cig. its very disgusting.and the school seems to do nothing about it. just the other day, a girl got caught smoking in the bathroom, and SRO *cop @ the school* told her not to do it again. its gross. ive watched people give eachother pills, weed, everything... people light up cigs in class too! its grodie. something needs to be done.

thats the worst part about my school.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Soul
Loyal

Post by Soul »

I would have to say that my school is very, very boring. It is based around football and if you don't like football, you suck (according to the people in the school). The classes are horrible...
I had the notion that you'd make me forget the world...But your undecisive mind shows me that you are "just another guyl"...I had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real...What if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel...

But that day will most likely never come for me

And it's just my luck to end up getting stuck

... to everything you are...

<...The Spill Canvas...
Andrej
Loyal

Post by Andrej »

(Keep in mind that I'm in college right now)

Two issues:

Issue 1: My current Java professor teaches Java as if she was refreshing former Java programmers about the important concepts of Java. She does not teach correctly.

Issue 2: I have to travel to college (avg. 1.5 hours) and back home (avg. + 1.5 hours), so scheduling is poorly done. In addition, the campus/college only offers some of the available courses, and ones that I want to take are not offered at appropriate times (i.e. night or afternoon, which would mean I have an addition (1.5 hours + 1.5 hours) of traveling to do in one day. I refuse to take any less than 12 credits per semester, and I was looking forward to 15. Poor academic scheduling sometimes follows me, and it's getting annoying.
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

No learning takes place.

That's ok though, thanks to Bush "no child will be left behind!" So any retard that needs help to be brung up to mediocrity will be tended to right away. Any child remotely above average wouldn't get acceleration since every child is gifted!

My crap-o-meter just went off again.
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Drugs and Homophobia is the worst...there are drug deals that are going by in my school...i mean it has gotten to a pt. when there are girls and guys that smoke cigs. and pot on the bus!! its really sad! :'(
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Yes but it's much better then home-schooling! At least the students are better socialized!

My crap-o-meter just went off again.
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

That's a good point it takes me two train jouneys to get to my school, so about an hour to get there, and that really sucks

Myspace
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

i really dont have school prblems.........
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Nov 22 2003, 03:48 PM

there are drug deals that are going by in my school...i mean it has gotten to a pt. when there are girls and guys that smoke cigs. and pot on the bus!! its really sad! :'(

yea, try starting your day @ 6 45 am and being woken up by the smell of smoke and pot. smoking on the bus is nothing compared to what happens here in the tampa bay area. i usually have to help my friend into school every day because shes so stoned. people leave during break to smoke and then come back, or they just do it in the bathroom. at least the busses have windows. its gross and it sucks.

oh and another thing, we start school at 6:45. the late bell rings at 7:05, and we dont have lunch untill the last period of the day, which is at 1:35. there are longer intervals between classes, and we have a 15 min snack time, but that just means that because we have a different schedule then the rest of the schools in the county, the busses leave 30 mins after all the other schools. but a plus side is that because lunch is last, we can leave anytime during lunch. i guess its a blessing in disguise.

oh and my school has NO windows. its used as a hurrican shelter, so it can't have too many, so the entrance doors are glass, and thats about all. its depressing
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

my school is ok....it gets kind of annoying sometimes....theres alot of stupid people...lol
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

:furious: Oooo but school is so the real world and will prepare you for success! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Myspace
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

I chose other, because I hate the people at my school. The teachers are all right.. Not too bad.. Except for my STUPID science teacher, but that's another story. :rolleyes:
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
FallonCeceAda
Loyal

Post by FallonCeceAda »

When they take away your principal for no reason and you are beginning to admire her! the whole student body liked her and they moved her! I miss u Mrs. T!
I was talking to God, and I asked him

"God why don't you create a scientist who can find the cure for AIDS/HIV and Cancer? Why can't you send a leader to give world peace?"

You know what God said?

"I did, but you all killed them in the womb."

I am a Army JROTC Cadet Private

I am 100% Pro-Life

I am Catholic

I am Drug Free

But most of all,

I am "Me"
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

The worst thing about my school is that the fucking price for parking passes went up by 125%!!! It jumped from $25 to $150 in one year. Supposedly, it's supposed to reduce drivers who don't need a car and allow more parking convienence. I do however, still have to make a 5 minute treck to my car every time I need to go somewhere though. Convienent my ass.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

:blink: :blink: :blink:
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill