Group Prod.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Group Prod.

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

I don't really like groups because then half the time i end up doing all the work and they get the creadit and other times i'm ok with it because everyone splits up the work and does their part. Usually I just want to do the prodject by myself so I know its done on time. Right now i'm in a group that is not working out and my teacher dose not care (like always) and I just want to know what everyone else thinks about groups.
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Re: Group Prod.

Post by Toolrockgirl »

i could lean either way, sometimes i like working with people, and we split the work, but other times i just want to do it myself with out worrying about the other people....

:hug:
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I am always stuck doing about 75% of the work...hmm...i hate group work...i am not a person who trusts others...so i would rather want individual work!
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

"New-new" math is based on the notion that children understand and learn only those concepts that they "construct" or discover on their own. In small "cooperative learning" groups, children use blocks, beads, sticks and other "manipulative" objects to solve mathematical problems. Students are expected to discover or "reconstruct" the ancient rules of mathematics using these objects with the guidance of peers who are equally in the dark. This practice often extends beyond the early grades and is even found in high school algebra classes.

Group Work: Welcome to pedagogery. Then again public school advocates will try to demonstrate this as the much-raved yet ill-defined "proper socialization."
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

i'm sorry but i don't understand half of what you just post.
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

It's time to connect the dots.

Facts + Connections = Ideas

Ideas + Utilization = Thinking

Right now i'm in a group that is not working out and my teacher dose not care (like always) and I just want to know what everyone else thinks about groups.

Why would the teacher care? First you have to ask yourself: why are you working in a group to begin with? Wouldn't it just be faster to work alone?
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

good point Doh!-nut. i agree. the teacher is just trying to waste time, or if its one in the million teachers, they are trying to be nice. but usually its just purely because they dont know how to fill an hour. incompetent people.

Doh!-nut, where do you find your info?

i put other, because sometimes i just dont want to have to do anything so groups work out nicely, but other times im full of ideas, and id rather just work on my own.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

i hate it when u get assigned the grp cux then usually ur grpsucks but also its akward

!
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Doh!-nut, where do you find your info?

All sorts of news sites, Pedagogue (teacher) Journals and Essays. That's how I know the amount of crap the teachers are shoveling.

...Don't get mad, get educated, then beat them at their own game.
goexpos
Loyal

Post by goexpos »

I hate working in groups! I prefer to do work on my own.
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Originally posted by Doh!-Nut@Dec 1 2003, 12:15 AM

It's time to connect the dots.

Facts + Connections = Ideas

Ideas + Utilization = Thinking

Right now i'm in a group that is not working out and my teacher dose not care (like always) and I just want to know what everyone else thinks about groups.

Why would the teacher care? First you have to ask yourself: why are you working in a group to begin with? Wouldn't it just be faster to work alone?

good point. thank you for your answer:D