Can't Find Myself

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
kk_lost
Loyal

Can't Find Myself

Post by kk_lost »

i have looked and looked for who i really am. but i always end up following some1 elce's beat. i just can't seem 2 find myself. help. ::help::
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Re: Can't Find Myself

Post by Toolrockgirl »

do something you want to do, something you like, just because you like it, not because its popular, or everyone else is...

:hug:
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

Everyone goes through this stage, all at different paces. Like me, I went through the normal dressing stage, then the sorta skanky dressing stage, then the gothic stage, then the freak stage, and now, finally, I have found myself, in the pit of modest preppyness!! Muahahahaha! lmfao

I hang out with all those who are like me, and have found themselves in the same place as me. I don't follow them, we flow together.

All it takes is some experimenting. And eventually when the time is right you will figure it out yourself. None of us can help you really, just tell you a little bit of what most likely will happen.

Hope I helped.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

i have looked and looked for who i really am. but i always end up following some1 elce's beat. i just can't seem 2 find myself. help.

Welcome to the wonderful world of teenage disillusionment. It'll pass, though.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
jessica5299
Dedicated

Post by jessica5299 »

Originally posted by hailejade321@Nov 30 2003, 10:32 PM

do some thing you would do if there

was no one els to care or to fallow

find a new stile, get a new hair color

lissen to music that YOU like. finding

who you are is important and we all

know that it just moght take awhile

to find who you are or want to be but

be you if you be any one B)

hailejade

:bag:

i tried that and now i am more lonely than ever....i tried to be myself but people just look at me like im weird and now people wont talk to me...i am being myself but i'm alone
~**~it kinda feels like im drownin in the Lords pain, until the sun comes out and shines again, smile, and give me reason to keep believin that everything ain't misleadin, and i kiss the clouds on them rainy days and smile for u when ya skys are gray babe, cuz im a tear drop away from cryin and a few shots away from dyin, dear Lord would u shower my pain~**~
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

yep, know the feeling. Im a rock hippie and it just happens liz and becca and neil and anton think hippies are wierd and then say im not a real one cos i dont take drugs. then they leave me out anyway.

just be yourself, and if your friends hate u for it, find sum nu ones if your old friends dont accept u at all.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
EgyptsGoddessx
Loyal

Post by EgyptsGoddessx »

hey

I had the same problem. Ok, how to put this.....

well, finding yourself is like finding a lost object. lets say...uhhh...your FAVORITE object, whatever it may be. It is EXTREMELY important to you. Well, you lost it, and dont know where it is. You have looked in all the obvious places, all the places you can think of, but cant find it. well, in order to find it, you have to think about yourself. Think about where you would have to put it and, no matter how weird or strange the place may seem, look there. You probably will find it where you never thought you would. (aka, the fridge lol). Well, same with yourself. Your looking in all the wrong places. dont look for yourself as in material things, such as clothes, jewelry, hair, whatever it may be, everyone has those things in common. You have to look INSIDE. you never really LOST yourself, you maybe forgot who you are. Look in your heart. it sounds corny, and like you have heard it a million times, but think about it. just take some time and get to know yourself. dont be afraid. dont be afraid to be different. :)

Sincerely,

Jessica
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

Do things by yourself and see how much you enjoy them, that may help out in showing you where your true feelings are...with no one to conform your thinking.
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali