Cunt.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
shadow soldier
Loyal

Cunt.

Post by shadow soldier »

Society is doomed.

I wore my coat that says "CUNT" in big letters today to school. I got pulled in by the principal ((as expected)) and he said he was ashamed that he was offended by that, but he was.

Then he went on to compare the word 'cunt' to someone wearing a swastika. He said he didn't know which was more offensive.

What.. the fuck? The swastika is just a symbol, as 'cunt' is just a word.. but I really don't think there's much of a comparison between the two.

So.. that was just an observation, I suppose. Any thoughts on the matter?
Go write your message on the pavement.
Nj
Veteran

Re: Cunt.

Post by Nj »

its a horrible word in my opinion.

just cuz britney spear's/avril/famous people are selling that sorta crap doesn't mean you have to.. We all know you wouldn't have the gual to do it had you not be influenced by the media. Freedom of expression........., I'm glad its limited in teenage years though as most of the time its just an immature rebellion.

as for "just a word" it represents a concept, an idea comes to your head when you hear/see it.. In this case, for you, its attention. as opposed to the hate / foul the two words really represent.
--nj

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by <unknown@Dec 1 2003, 05:43 PM

Society is doomed.

I wore my coat that says "CUNT" in big letters today to school. I got pulled in by the principal ((as expected)) and he said he was ashamed that he was offended by that, but he was.

Then he went on to compare the word 'cunt' to someone wearing a swastika. He said he didn't know which was more offensive.

What.. the fuck? The swastika is just a symbol, as 'cunt' is just a word.. but I really don't think there's much of a comparison between the two.

If the swastika is just a symbol to you...I suggest you read some history girl.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

In my oppinion, the word "cunt" is worse than the word "fuck" so if I were that principle, I would have done the same exact thing. I don't see how you could argue against that.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

eh the word sucks but hey if you wanna go around school with it on your body than more power to ya. just dont expect people to not say bad things cause of it
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
shadow soldier
Loyal

Post by shadow soldier »

The word CUNT describes female genetalia. It is only "horrible" because of society. Cunt, vagina.. both related to the female genetalia, right? It's a rare case that someone considers vagina offensive. Why cunt? Who says it is bad? Who says it is something to be offended by?

"just cuz britney spear's/avril/famous people are selling that sorta crap doesn't mean you have to.. We all know you wouldn't have the gual to do it had you not be influenced by the media. Freedom of expression........., I'm glad its limited in teenage years though as most of the time its just an immature rebellion."

That was one of the most ignorant things I have ever read in my entire life.

"If the swastika is just a symbol to you...I suggest you read some history girl. "

Is it supposed to be something more? I am not affected by the swastika whatsoever. But I know it stuck/strikes fear in millions. I have read more history in my years than most by this age. Trust me, I know all about the swastika.

Abbi, care to say more?... o.O
lil_blonde_chic14
Loyal

Post by lil_blonde_chic14 »

Originally posted by Skye+Dec 1 2003, 07:09 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Skye @ Dec 1 2003, 07:09 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-<unknown@Dec 1 2003, 05:43 PM

Society is doomed.

If the swastika is just a symbol to you...I suggest you read some history girl.[/b][/quote]

i agree with skye! and cunt is a terrible word in my opinion like others said its worse than "fuck" and thats a pretty bad one to well its your life and all but... thats all i gotta say!

Bye

love

Beth
Fuck da world eat mo' chicken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dont be up my ass cause if I

turn a corner your gonna break

your neck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im a newfound Lesbian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love Tiffany!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pm me if anyone needs to talk
shadow soldier
Loyal

Post by shadow soldier »

All of you are saying how it is so bad aren't giving any reasons why.

Someone please explain this to me because I really don't get it.
xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo »

i agree completely with unknown. dictionary version is Cunt-The female genital organs. therefore there is NOTHING wrong with the word itself. it is made "wrong" by society because they choose to use it in a vulgar offensive way. if you all think cunt is such a bad word, then stop saying pussy, vaginia, etc. it's the same thing, until society deems it differently.
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

its a word, and you wanted to wear it. they just can't take that kids arent so innocent anymore.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
Platinum_orange_defect
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by Platinum_orange_defect »

i agree with unknown. its just another word for vagina, pussy, ect. and people should understand that and not try to compare a part of the female body with a symbol that is totally frowned upon in our community. when people compare the two, its saying that womens bodies are frowned upon, isnt it? and if the school was trying to say that wour jacket was "wrong" arent they saying that women are wrong too? hmmm....

~ sorry if i sound confusing, im kinda out of it now....

*~*~*~I see the blood all over your hands. does it make you feel more like a man? was it all just a part of your plan? the pistol shaking in my hand and all i hear is the sound......always.~*~*~*
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

i dont like the word cause i get called it everyday by people around me. but eh like i said before if you wanna wear it more power to ya ;)
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

--nj

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by <unknown@Dec 1 2003, 06:59 PM

Excuse me a moment while I correct you--as you requested. Your right in one way, but that's where the acknowledgment ends. Yes, the word "cunt" is used to describe the female genitals; HOWEVER, if you read the definition of the word, you will see that the word has a very negative, very sexist meaning. The word is very derogatory and really, these days, even in Websters...you will see it in definition of the word, an "Offensive, Used as a disparaging term for a woman." Cunt is a terribly derogatory term, and it is far worse than "bitch," "slut" or even "whore." The word is nearly a taboo all in itself and personally, I believe it to be one of the most derogatory words ever ascribed to females. If I ever hear anyone call me a cunt, I would be most displeased with them--and I'm sure that you know that's the understatement of the day.
HelpingTeens.org:

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Skye+Dec 2 2003, 05:43 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Skye @ Dec 2 2003, 05:43 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-<unknown@Dec 1 2003, 06:59 PM

Excuse me a moment while I correct you--as you requested. Your right in one way, but that's where the acknowledgment ends. Yes, the word "cunt" is used to describe the female genitals; HOWEVER, if you read the definition of the word, you will see that the word has a very negative, very sexist meaning. The word is very derogatory and really, these days, even in Websters...you will see it in definition of the word, an "Offensive, Used as a disparaging term for a woman." Cunt is a terribly derogatory term, and it is far worse than "bitch," "slut" or even "whore." The word is nearly a taboo all in itself and personally, I believe it to be one of the most derogatory words ever ascribed to females. If I ever hear anyone call me a cunt, I would be most displeased with them--and I'm sure that you know that's the understatement of the day.[/b][/quote]

thank you skye for repeat & validating me.. :D

big love & support,

- nick
--nj

FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

I have a question for the few who find the word cunt offensive. If you saw a girl wearing a t-shirt that said bitch, would you be offended? I know a few of you girls who are offended by the word cunt probably have referred to yourself as a bitch as a good thing in the past. Cunt and bitch mean the exact same thing in the offensive mannor, calling a girl a cunt is the same as calling her a bitch. We as people have become desensitised to many words out there, bitch is said on TV every so often so it's ok, cunt is not used on TV so it's not ok.

Also, how could you compare the swastika to the word cunt? People didn't kill millions of innocents over the word cunt. The swastika is a symbol with a horible conotation. Cunt is just a word that isn't used as often as other as a bad word.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by FryGuy@Dec 2 2003, 03:19 PM

I have a question for the few who find the word cunt offensive. If you saw a girl wearing a t-shirt that said bitch, would you be offended? I know a few of you girls who are offended by the word cunt probably have referred to yourself as a bitch as a good thing in the past. Cunt and bitch mean the exact same thing in the offensive mannor, calling a girl a cunt is the same as calling her a bitch. We as people have become desensitised to many words out there, bitch is said on TV every so often so it's ok, cunt is not used on TV so it's not ok.

Also, how could you compare the swastika to the word cunt? People didn't kill millions of innocents over the word cunt. The swastika is a symbol with a horible conotation. Cunt is just a word that isn't used as often as other as a bad word.

1.) I find the word offensive. It's that simple.

2.) I never compared the word "cunt" to the swastika.
HelpingTeens.org:

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by FryGuy@Dec 2 2003, 05:19 PM

each word is vulgar to a certain degree. And there are some who aren't influenced by the media. I find most of these words offensive and try to use them as little as possible.
--nj

FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

Originally posted by Skye+Dec 2 2003, 02:21 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Skye @ Dec 2 2003, 02:21 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-FryGuy@Dec 2 2003, 03:19 PM

1.) I find the word offensive. It's that simple.

2.) I never compared the word "cunt" to the swastika.[/b][/quote]

I never said you did Skye, that was just a call out to anyone who wanted to answer. Mainly because it was mention in the first post that the principal compared cunt to the swastika.

Oh and if you haven't noticed it takes a lot to offend me, words like cunt, bitch, shit, ass, fuck, etc are just that, words.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin