E's

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
coolcatevie
Loyal

E's

Post by coolcatevie »

My school uses e's instead of f's or u's cus they thing it sounds "nicer" i think this sir eally stupid. hit the kid in the face with big fat failing F and they should try to do better. F soudns mean and nasty, if i kid does a bad job show them they did. E. lame in my opinion. what do you guys think?
Lots of love,

Rachel

If you ever need any help I'm always here. Just contact me and I'll do the best I can!

Be OpTiMiStIc
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Re: E's

Post by flavaoftheweak »

E sounds like Excellent to me.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

They call them E's at my school too. I think its stupid but it really doesn't bother me that much. I always thought they just used E's because it comes after D but i guess some schools just use it because "it sounds nicer" o well.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

well are u in highscool? that is kinda lame cuz from elementary school they used e for excellent so yea i guess its lame.,..lol but ive never heard of U either
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hmm...my school uses the org. A,B,C,D,F...i think it would be cool to use E's! :)

but what do U's mean in your school?
xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo »

we use e's and f's....like you can get an e one term, but still pass the class for the year or semester...
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you
She
Veteran

Post by She »

That's stupid. They're FAILING. They're getting that F because they're not doing well. Giving them an E because it sounds nicer is firstly stupid because whether they call it an E or a Q it still means FAILED and even if it were true, one would think that it would be best to make it look mean and imposing as possible so the kid will be motivated NOT to get them.

But just my thoughts.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

yeah e sounds more like excellent to me...i think they should stick with the orginial a,b,c,d,F :)
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Giving them an E because it sounds nicer is firstly stupid because whether they call it an E or a Q it still means FAILED and even if it were true, one would think that it would be best to make it look mean and imposing as possible so the kid will be motivated NOT to get them.

The school system has no reason to improve.
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

U stands for "Ungraded".

It means that the work is soooooo crap, that it deserves below an F. Its, like, the ultimate insult, for people who can't even spell their name right.

My old HighSchool (in England) uses A*, A, B, C, D, E, F and then U.

We had, like, half the alphabet as our grading system!
silentpain
Loyal

Post by silentpain »

archers_angelDec 4 2003, 09:43 AMU stands for "Ungraded".

I thought that U meant unsatisfactory, thats what it means at my schools anyway

BBcode edit: ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~
RIP Ben, Jayce, Justin, Master Chief, Nana, pop Pop, Gavin, Ryan, Amber, Lauren, Kenneth, Denny, Cheri, Erica, Jack,Fransisco,Aunt Mary Larry, Mr. Helliar and Brooke..You are missed.

I didn't become who I am overnight, you know. I know what it feels like to have your toes crushed in.-Drew

Where in the nursery rhyme does it say humpty dumpty is an egg?
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

thats really really stupid and they should stick with the abcdf way. not this "other" junk.gerrrrrrrr the school system ... o wellz
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com