Manual

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
firebird55
Loyal

Manual

Post by firebird55 »

Yeah, I just got a 5 spd car and I just can't drive it. I had been driving an automatic and yeah. I was driving the 5spd today for the first time...I feel like crap cuz i stalled it 6 times while people were behind me.

Any advice to help me out...I just hate myself for some reason...
trucks
Loyal

Re: Manual

Post by trucks »

its like riding a bike. once you get it you get it and never forget. listen to the engine and if you can do that put marks on the rpm gauge.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

I know exactly how you feel..

I felt the same way when I got my truck, but you get used to it. I had one small advantage though, my truck has a light that reminds you to shift, but like the previous post stated, just listen to the engine, you will get the feel of when you need to shift and before you know it, you will drive it smoothly.

-My thoughts

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

firebird55
Loyal

Post by firebird55 »

well........the thing is, i like panic once the engine starts to stutter...I know i'm supposed to push the clutch back in if it does and let up but yeah, i guess i will get used to it. it doesn't like kill the car to stall it out, does it?
four
Veteran

Post by four »

NAAM
trucks
Loyal

Post by trucks »

i mean you just have to practice and get the hang of it.