Tell Me What You Think!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
firebird55
Loyal

Tell Me What You Think!

Post by firebird55 »

Well...one day i was kinda frustrated so I got to writing some thoughts, read them and tell me what you think maybe?

The emotional heart should never be broken. Some people say "It's better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all." that may be true in SOME cases, but it is not in all cases. Some are hopelessly in love, their significant other is their reason for waking up every day. Let's say that significant other grows "tired" of that person. It is unfair to the one who is still in love to have their heart broken, yet, it inevitably will happen. It is part of life, yes, but it shouldn't be.

Mutual love is the best. A quote soms up wwhat love should be, but generally is not. " Love is always patient and kind. it is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never ude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other peoples sins, but delights in the truth. it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes." That is the definition of love, or of what love consists. The problem is, love never seems to happen this way. What happens is one person loves another, but the other may not love them back. That is where Newton's third law comes into play. Newtons third law is like this: for every action there is a reaction that's equal in magnitude but opposite in direction. Love should be that. If person A loves person B, person B should love person A the exact same amount.

Yeah...I guess it doesn't make that much sense and I know it's just wishful thinking, but hey, tell me what you think.
shadow soldier
Loyal

Re: Tell Me What You Think!

Post by shadow soldier »

"If person A loves person B, person B should love person A the exact same amount. "

I strongly disagree.

And love has nothing to do with Newton's laws nor should it ever.
Go write your message on the pavement.
firebird55
Loyal

Post by firebird55 »

...I know it technically has nothing to do with it, but I believe it should simply because it would prevent heartache to those who get their hearts ripped out by an inconsiderate person.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

You're infringing upon free will. If I have to love every person that loves me in an equal amount, without any choice in the matter, I'd go insane.

Bad idea.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
shadow soldier
Loyal

Post by shadow soldier »

"...I know it technically has nothing to do with it, but I believe it should simply because it would prevent heartache to those who get their hearts ripped out by an inconsiderate person. "

Heartache is inevitable.
Go write your message on the pavement.
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

Originally posted by firebird55@Dec 4 2003, 08:03 PM

The emotional heart should never be broken. Some people say "It's better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all." that may be true in SOME cases, but it is not in all cases. Some are hopelessly in love, their significant other is their reason for waking up every day. Let's say that significant other grows "tired" of that person. It is unfair to the one who is still in love to have their heart broken, yet, it inevitably will happen. It is part of life, yes, but it shouldn't be.

That is a constant fear of mine because it has happened to me in the past. I feel bad because it feels like I don't trust my boyfriend, but I do, I'm just... I guess my past has made me paranoid about it. I always think... "What if he falls out of love with me??" because I KNOW I'm not going to fall out of love with him, because... thats just not something I do without a lot of drama...lol.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young
jessica5299
Dedicated

Post by jessica5299 »

If person A loves person B, person B should love person A the exact same amount.

i like the way you put that. Yes it may not be possible to make everyone love each other they way they want them to but its a good idea. Thats what causes so many problems, oh he doesn't love me, why does he love her and why can't i love him and all of this shit. newton was right...i think if you are willing to set your heart out on the line for someone then they should take it in and love it instead of breaking it. but thats not reality sorry to say....
~**~it kinda feels like im drownin in the Lords pain, until the sun comes out and shines again, smile, and give me reason to keep believin that everything ain't misleadin, and i kiss the clouds on them rainy days and smile for u when ya skys are gray babe, cuz im a tear drop away from cryin and a few shots away from dyin, dear Lord would u shower my pain~**~
NoOnesBabyGirl
Loyal

Post by NoOnesBabyGirl »

I think the problem here is that everybody has their own opinion of what real love is, Love is a construct it is made up in people's minds, you cannot prove it exsists, it just does.

Some are hopelessly in love, their significant other is their reason for waking up every day.

That kind of love right there that you are talking about..is exactly what its called hopeless..it usually tends to be pretty shallow and unreal.

And the thing that comes to my mind the most when I read what you wrote is that if love was so easy to get and so easy to keep and nobody ever lost it and everybody had it..What would it mean? Im guessing almost nothign because everybody has it. Its no longer special.

If person A loves person B, person B should love person A the exact same amount.

I strongly disagree with that...Nobody should have to love anybody. It happens you cant make it.
<span style=\'color:green\' Te Amo Brian..You're the only person in the world that I truely could not live without
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

A lot of people say it's "unfair" to get your heartbroken but it isn't. It's not your partner's fault if they grow tired of you. You really think that they wanted that to happen? Most people feel terrible that they're causing so much pain to someone they loved. It's LIFE. People grow out of one another and shit happens. Not all love can last forever.
Love takes no pleasure in other peoples sins, but delights in the truth. it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes." That is the definition of love, or of what love consists. The problem is, love never seems to happen this way.
I kinda disagree with this. I think love happens this way....quite a lot. Except for the "love takes no pleasure in other people's sins" part. What if someone is in love with a married man/woman? And the married man/woman fell in love with them too? They are technically committing a sin because they're not being faithful to their own partners but I'd take pleasure in that person's sin if it was me :huh:
I wish I were a spy.