Academic Decathlon

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Academic Decathlon

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hey!! I know that i have mentioned this before, but i was just curious if anyone here is apart of the Academic Decathlon (USAD)...becuase if you are, that would be soo cool becuase we could be study buddies!! :)

Well, talk to you all later!!
faith
Veteran

Re: Academic Decathlon

Post by faith »

no im not we dont have that association at out school, but what is it?
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

The USAD is like a studing thing were you can get scholoships...like you get multiple thousands of papers (from all different topics) and you have to memorize the info and you have to look up info on the internet and memorize that...and you have to read a lame book and memorize little details in it...haha...this was one question from the Novel (Death comes for the Archbishop):

What color shirt was Father Latour wearing on his trip from Acoma the 3rd time?

and that was mentioned like 1 time!!

Its really only fun cuz of the people and hopes of scholoships!!
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

wow. that sounds like u have to be really msart tp be oninvolved. sounds like it takes alota time
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i am sorta smart, but not really...haha...i usually get like 450/1000 on the tests :shy: but that is average, because the test questions are soo hard!! Like my favorite one that i remember:

What stanza and line of Walt Whitmans "Pioneers' O' Pioneers', that, figurativily, can be differently taken then the rest of the poem?

me= :confussed: