Cooking

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
XC Sabreur
Loyal

Cooking

Post by XC Sabreur »

Don't know if this goes here, but oh well, hehe. Its just like it sounds, I can't cook. My mom has been working later now and I have been left to find dinner on my own. So I was wondering if anyone knows any easy recipes that aren't just mac and cheese, lol, have eaten a lot of that. Or any web sites will do good too. Thanks all.
I'm a moderator of the Family/Friends forum, and Relationships! If you ever need help with anything, feel free to email, IM, or PM me.

For those of you wondering what my name means, here it is. The XC stands for Cross Country, because I run cross country and I run distance in track for my school. And Sabreur because I fence sabre in my spare time. And no, its not a lightsabre.

And if anyone else here fences or runs cross country or track, PM me ! we should talk sometime, I love running and fencing :D
NoOnesBabyGirl
Loyal

Re: Cooking

Post by NoOnesBabyGirl »

Good luck with the cooking thing, I will try and look around for some sites tomorrow. Have you ever flown a Cessna? I was lucky enough to be able to do it once, it was fun. IM me or PM me sometime if you want to talk, I'd be happy to be your friend :) ~Tiff~
<span style=\'color:green\' Te Amo Brian..You're the only person in the world that I truely could not live without
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I can't cook either =P

Pancakes are easy to make....

And frying an egg is also easy if you don't mind the noise. Plus if it goes wrong you could just...swish it around and make it scrambled eggs instead? :huh:

Oh make some pasta! You just boil it for a while and get some tomatos from a tin and....eat it =D
I wish I were a spy.
XC Sabreur
Loyal

Post by XC Sabreur »

Yeah, the best thing I have made was mac and cheese with hot dogs chopped in it, and I still even managed to screw that up. So any food that I can learn to make will be a welcome change.
I'm a moderator of the Family/Friends forum, and Relationships! If you ever need help with anything, feel free to email, IM, or PM me.

For those of you wondering what my name means, here it is. The XC stands for Cross Country, because I run cross country and I run distance in track for my school. And Sabreur because I fence sabre in my spare time. And no, its not a lightsabre.

And if anyone else here fences or runs cross country or track, PM me ! we should talk sometime, I love running and fencing :D
unoshawty
Veteran

Post by unoshawty »

Cooking is easy if you can read and follow directions.
RIP Pat N. Glassman

<span style=\'color:gray\'My car is SOOO much better than yours =)

TCCA Ya heard?
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

What about grilled cheese.. and soups and stuff like that.. or stir fry.. that is sooo easy to make. When I got sick and was off of school for a while I would always watch the cooking channel.. if u got time try watching 30min. meals.. hehe its great and easy stuff.. Good Luck, Mandy
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

if you can pm me some thing you have in your kitchen then i can give you some ideas of what to make.i'm a really good cook (or thats what my friends say) and so i can give you some great 5-30min. meal ideas.
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Originally posted by unoshawty@Jan 1 2004, 07:54 PM

Cooking is easy if you can read and follow directions.
If only :rolleyes:
I wish I were a spy.
adume
Loyal

Post by adume »

One name you need to know: Rachael Ray.

She hosts a show based on her books called "30 Minute Meals" on the food network. I don't know if you get the food network or not, though. . .

If you do, she's great, because nothing she makes is too difficult, it always tastes wonderful, and uses practical ingredients (not to mention they're quick to make).

FoodTV.com is a good resource, too. You can look at what ingredients you have in the house and search for recipies by ingredient.

Cooking can be a really fun and rewarding thing (and it can impress girls, too :D ), so aproach it like you're learning something that you could really get into.

Aside from that, I have to mention that I'm a huge aviation nerd. I have so much simulator experience it isn't funny. I have no real life flying experience, so maybe you could teach me a thing or two about VOR holds. Those are a pain in the butt. :)
googlyeyeballs
Loyal

Post by googlyeyeballs »

Why don't you buy a cookbook and find some time with your mom, so you guys can work through it together. Whether you guys whip up some cookies or a 6 course meal is up to you but then you'll have some advice along the way to get a head start. You might even find a cooking class in school if your mom just doesn't have the time.

Beth :kitty:

eep I love CATS!!!

If you need a friend

Try not to find one who sets the trend

Look for someone who indeed

Has a different sort of creed

Someone who loves you like a brother

Someone who shows you to care for oneanother

Look for a friend who knows you

Someone to be there for you

Look for someone who loves

Someone who prays to the one above

You won't ever have to be alone again

Because you have your friend

And your friend has you

Which is truly a different view
sand
Loyal

Post by sand »

well, just like mac and cheese there are a million things that come in box or can that are really easy to make. basically you just do what the box tells you. and there is always frozen pizzas!! i guess thats what i basically live off of. good luck just hunt around the store for a little bit. you are bound to find something that you like. i agree cooking is fustrating (and so is the dishes that it leaves behing, which happens to be my least favorite part) good luck i am sure that you will find something.
Wicked Juggalette~Blaze Twizid ICP Psychopathic Family~

We're not afraid to die because death is afraid of us

We're meaner than the devil, but we're someone you can trust

You're way to fresh for death to want you

with abilities and talents that no one could ever come close to
~Dark Lotus-Black Rain

I am slowly decaying form the inside out

<span style=\'color:red\'Gwen Stefani is hot
Stephanie
Loyal

Post by Stephanie »

Check your community and see if there is any cooking classes you can take.
Never, ever let somebody lead you to believe for even just one moment that you are not completely beautiful!