Spelling Skills

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
BleedingThrough422
Loyal

Spelling Skills

Post by BleedingThrough422 »

ok i don't know where to put this but i'm so sick of people typing like shit and misspelling words b/c they think it's cool or w/e. blah. idk yall can think i am a bitch but i had to say something. SPELL CORRECTLY! :furious: or as close as possible.

i had to post this somewhere. farewell all.
aim: prettypickleplz

Hate is sadness wrapped in razors.

<<Aaron French

Don't hate me because I wasn't who you thought I was , or who you wanted me to be. From the beginning , you never knew who I was.

<span style=\'color:green\'"Wanting to be somone else is a waste of the person you are."

.::Kurt Cobain::.
emotionalcutie
Veteran

Re: Spelling Skills

Post by emotionalcutie »

Well I dont think you should be critisizing people on their spelling skills on the INTERNET... stop using abreviations, okay like w/e b/c that bothers me too lol
*KT*

*Give Into The Sweet Temptation*

<span style="color:royal blue"-::SMIRRRRRNOFFF::-

**chit-chat**
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Dude, some people are dyslexic.
She Lay Gutted
Veteran

Post by She Lay Gutted »

Lyke shut up....

**Rolls eyes**
"So when I disapear,

She will still be here...

Sifting my remains through the ashes.

She's not ordinary.

She's just. like. me." - Bottom Feeder [Project 86]

Stephanie
Loyal

Post by Stephanie »

lol I agree it is very hard to read posts sometimes...esp when the posters wRiTe LiKe ThIs...
Never, ever let somebody lead you to believe for even just one moment that you are not completely beautiful!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Stephanie...i hope that didn't include my nickname..... ;)

Like Skye said, there have been many posts like this...please view this list:

View!
BleedingThrough422
Loyal

Post by BleedingThrough422 »

sorry i didn't if there were post of this nature b4, i'm a so-so new. it's just i try to help people but sometimes w/ their writing skills, or lack of, it's hard for me to read so i just stop and move along, that's all.

--sidebar--

i don't mind people using b/c or w/e. i mean like misspelling words that shouldn't be, for instance, dai=day, that sorta thing. it just that it's not all that much work to spell simply words correctly.
aim: prettypickleplz

Hate is sadness wrapped in razors.

<<Aaron French

Don't hate me because I wasn't who you thought I was , or who you wanted me to be. From the beginning , you never knew who I was.

<span style=\'color:green\'"Wanting to be somone else is a waste of the person you are."

.::Kurt Cobain::.
XC Sabreur
Loyal

Post by XC Sabreur »

It doesn't really bug me, but whatever, I'm wierd :D
I'm a moderator of the Family/Friends forum, and Relationships! If you ever need help with anything, feel free to email, IM, or PM me.

For those of you wondering what my name means, here it is. The XC stands for Cross Country, because I run cross country and I run distance in track for my school. And Sabreur because I fence sabre in my spare time. And no, its not a lightsabre.

And if anyone else here fences or runs cross country or track, PM me ! we should talk sometime, I love running and fencing :D
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

I think its a tragedy that a very large amount of people here do not know how to spell at the teenage. I think its also a combination of lacking vocabulary skills and failure to proof read that brings these forums downhill. I generally ignore it, but it is sad to see a 16 and 17 year olds who have worse vocabulary and spelling skills then my 5 year old sister.

adn tahts all i have to sat.

big love

xoxo,

- nick
--nj

Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

I think I know what you mean about the spelling thing, especialy when it comes to the people who -purposely- misspell stuff [dai].

And then of corse, you get people like me, who are a product of a lacking border community school system, and never learned to spell well, and probably have mild dyslexia ontop of that. Sorry about that =P

You really just have to try and ignore it.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

If i see a post with words misspelled purposely or just plain ignorance (like spelling "like" wrong), or do the alternate capitol letters, I skip the entire post, and sometimes the topic. I misspell words myself, but i do it occasionally and accedently. We are all human, and we all have to put up with this in our own way :)
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
andi
Loyal

Post by andi »

I dont care how people type as long as i can figure out what they are saying...one time someone typed so badly that i had no idea what they were trying to say...and i said something about it to them...but other than that just live w/ it because people arent going to read your post and be like "oh yea i guess i should type correctly now that this person has lectured ..." common get a clue.
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Well, to be fair, it does get annoying when a 15 year old shows the spelling skills of a sixth-grader. A typo here and there is to be expected, but when you have to concentrate to piece together some jargon a near-illiterate teen has written you have a right to be angry.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

some people can't help it!

sheesh. i think there are more important things to be worrying about around here!!!!!!
She Lay Gutted
Veteran

Post by She Lay Gutted »

Originally posted by OverDrive@Jan 5 2004, 08:55 PM

If i see a post with words misspelled purposely or just plain ignorance (like spelling "like" wrong),

:P

Anyway, yes it does get annoying after a while....

And, yes, I was being sarcastic in my first post. Eesh.
"So when I disapear,

She will still be here...

Sifting my remains through the ashes.

She's not ordinary.

She's just. like. me." - Bottom Feeder [Project 86]