Popularity

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Re: Popularity

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

no no no no no.. you got it all wrong.. People would concider me "popular" but it doesn't matter. At my school.. it just has to do with what you like to do .. and who u want to associate with. If your in sports and student council.. etc. then I you would be concidered popular. Just because some people in that group maybe mean doesn't mean that everyone is. Popular people have problems just like everyone else ya know.. they have bad days.. they have family problems.. things go wrong for them. I come on here.. alot but that doesn't mean I have no life outside of comming on here. No matter who u are your going to have some sort of problem... and for me it helps to be able to talk to people.. that way I know I'm not alone. You are right though groups do exclude people.. and thats how they gain their "power" (I guess you could say) but think about it .. the people in the group all have something in common.. I wouldn't be accepted in the punk group because I dress different.. and they might not be accepted in my group because they dress different than us. I think you just need to find the people that u can relate to. Mandy :)
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
DarkDespair
Loyal

Post by DarkDespair »

I really don't think there's such a thing as 'popular'...it depends on your definition, I guess. I believe that everyone is popular, as long as you have one-two friends.
Well I'm caught between myself and me

And I can't find the bridge from my mind to reality

I'm trying to find a place in the sun

But I'm drowning in the rain that's falling

Every place I go

One year- September 1st, 2004
Mau-Mau
Loyal

Post by Mau-Mau »

uh yeah i am a " p opular kid" well i donno what makes us popular.. All I know is i am is becuase everyone likes me finds me kind pretty smart and that I can stand up for myself. I donno .. i am not the kind of Popular person who iis goingt o go around bullying people so i cant help u.... and well i am on this site to help people more then to ger help for myself.
Maur
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

u say ur not not popluar cos ur so quiet-hey, im 1 of the shyest kids in my yr and im considered popular cos i get on with most ppl and i always say hi to them.maybe try and getting on with everybody would actually help, being nice to people.

at high school, i was kinda considered popular although i hung out with a bunch of people who everyone called 'rejects'. but unlike liz who says she has trouble making new friends, neil who was such a bighead, nikki who hardly anyone hardly knew, becca, who u either love or hate and anton who was considered a 'freak',i got on with most people, from sum of the bulliesto most people in my class. i didnt realise i had that many friends until my mum died. everyone was just really nice to me, and when sum of the popular kids found out i was cutting, they werent like 'OHMIGOD, WHY THE HELL DID U DO THAT???', they were really sympathetic. its when really bad things happen you find who your real friends are. still wish my mum never died, i miss her tons. :'(

so i and most people i know who are popular dont act like jerks, and no offence, but like sum1 said, u seem more of a jerk than any1 else.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future