People With Finals

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

People With Finals

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

FINALS! FINALS! FINALS!- WARNING!!!!! (hehehe) :D

(sorry for spelling...I'm really tired) A lot of people usually stress out before finals or really any test. Here are some,but not, all ways you can study and be ready for your test and some ways to relax. Here are some you can try.

- take many many many notes and study from the notes

- make flash cards with the info. on one side and questions on the other

- have some one ask you questions and you can answer them out loud

- if you havyou to memorize something, you can do a few lines at a time and say it over and over or make it kind of like a song or just have fun with it and if you make it fun...then one you can't get it out of your head and hey...you memerized it!! it might lame but it works.

-study some each night

-get a lot of rest the night before

-eat before that morning...eat something..anything ...even if its pizza, because you need food to think...really, the food will help keep your mind on task and will help you remember things.

If you want more ways just PM me or if you have any others you can post them :D
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Re: People With Finals

Post by ToraToraTora »

Things that I learned:

- Sleep before the exam

- Drink tea. It relaxes you.

- Dont use copious amounts of caffeine to stay awake. I did this 2 nights before my last exam. You physically stay awake, but your mind dies, so you do negative learning. You confuse yourself, then cant go to sleep.

- Rewrite noted throughout the year. Its a pain, but its heling me right now.

- Study not in your room.

- Study in a library, on the quiet or silent floors

- Do the practice tests. A lot. Sometimes questions form them are verbatim on your final.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

It's been proven that having a peppermint before long tests, like SAT's or state tests, helps you think better, and also helps you through the long hours.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

i found out a few weeks ago that you can also raise you IQ for 2 hours if you listen to classical a few hours before the test cause the brain waves in you head stay balanced and in tune and it oyu listen to it all the time then you can raise it up a small % and it would stay that level
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

you cant raise your IQ. your IQ is where it is, you cant magically raise it without increasing your intelligence. and IQ wont help you with a test, IQ is critical thinking and basic knowledge and such, not specifically geometry. classical music really wont do much at all.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Marisa, it actually does raise IQ in the long run...here why:

Listenting to Classical Music and writing w/ your opposite hand for 10 min. a day opens up parts of your mind that are usually closed off. With your brain being bigger, more knowledge can obsorbe into your brain; thus, expaning your IQ! :)
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I heard on the radio that if you chew gum while testing you score better because chewing gum helps get oxygen to your brain which keeps you focused, thus consentrating on the test, and doing better...

:)

P.S. I splitted the topic sending any posts i felt unnessearry to the RB...just in case you are wondering...

~Jeff~
NvMyCougar03
Loyal

Post by NvMyCougar03 »

i know finals suck.... i got 2 tomarrow :( the life of college though! drink up!
you may call me "Darkness Within"