People Keep Asking Me To Cut In Line

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
radical~
Loyal

People Keep Asking Me To Cut In Line

Post by radical~ »

Okay I've been having a problem recently where once I was at a barber shop waiting for like 30 minutes and this guy walks in and sits for a little and then asks me if he can cut in front of me because he said he had a doctors appointment. He was obviously lying but I still said SURE. And I ended up just walking out 5 minutes later cuz I was pissed.

Then today at Walmart in the return lines this lady asks me to let her go in front of her because she says that the lines are 1 line and she was there first and whichever line is open gets the customer. So I said fine but later these guys came to the open line before I could realize and that lady told them the same thing for me but they didn't care.

Why am I so dam nice!

What do I do next time? Say hell no?

Please help!
Shwynsh
Veteran

Re: People Keep Asking Me To Cut In Line

Post by Shwynsh »

Simply say that you're kind of in a rush too and smily politely and say sorry
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
A God before Man
Loyal

Post by A God before Man »

Originally posted by Shwynsh@Jan 10 2004, 04:17 PM

Simply say that you're kind of in a rush too and smily politely and say sorry

Yup...I feel sorry for people too, but sometimes I got to be :furious: to survive. :dancing:
98% of american teens use or have tried pot. If you are part of the 2% that hasnt put this in your info!

^^Stupidest thing I've ever heard

a.it's fake

2. its fake

- its fake

73% of all statistics are fake, including this one.

Kudos.
XC Sabreur
Loyal

Post by XC Sabreur »

I'm the same way. I just tell them No, sorry. Usually they ask why or whatever, so I just tell them that I was here first. My method probably isn't the best, hehe. I know how you feel, its hard to say no to people sometimes.
I'm a moderator of the Family/Friends forum, and Relationships! If you ever need help with anything, feel free to email, IM, or PM me.

For those of you wondering what my name means, here it is. The XC stands for Cross Country, because I run cross country and I run distance in track for my school. And Sabreur because I fence sabre in my spare time. And no, its not a lightsabre.

And if anyone else here fences or runs cross country or track, PM me ! we should talk sometime, I love running and fencing :D
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I am a nice person too...well unless they are lil kids...haha...lil kids get on my nerves...

Being a nice person is nothng bad! :)
Stephanie
Loyal

Post by Stephanie »

Ugh I have that problem too. With friends, they ask me to do something and I dont feel like it but I do anywayz...
Never, ever let somebody lead you to believe for even just one moment that you are not completely beautiful!
CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

I have that problem too. Usually I let them because of the fact that they asked. Most people don't ask at all, they just do it.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young