I Cant Remember......

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Bombs Or Skools O Bums Or me

I Cant Remember......

Post by Bombs Or Skools O Bums Or me »

:wallbash: i dont know why, but i cant remember anything from before i was around 9 years old and i have no idea......i can only remember litle things that arent important....is that normal or no....i dont get it and i want too :o
Stephanie
Loyal

Re: I Cant Remember......

Post by Stephanie »

Thats odd...have you seen a doctor or a psychologist? Perhaps you endured some kind of traumatic event? Ill try and find out from my psych teacher or on the net what some other possibilities might be.
Never, ever let somebody lead you to believe for even just one moment that you are not completely beautiful!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I remember alot from my younger years...not like everything...just some things...but i really think that you should ask someone about it because it really isn't the best thing in the world to not know what you did in the younger years...i say you should see someone about this...

hmmmm.......i dont really wanna see a doctor....and especialy not a psychologist that'd be to wierd...i just find it kinda odd that im cant remember anything.......well i can remember unimportant things but i couldnt remember what they meant....like i remembered tugboats and barges....and i asked my mom and she said where we used to live when i was younger was on a river and we'd always watch tugboats go by and i remember a name..........micheal deetzle (not sure on the spelling, and how could i be) and i remember cardboard box's
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

if nothing important or big happenned then yeah thats completely normal, long as u remeber some stuff. You also may just have a bad memory
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali

well ive talked to my mom about my childhood and lostsa stuff happened seems like i would remember, my dad hit someone drunk driving and went to jail and once he did my mom divorce him and me and my sister lived with her but my mom was really poor and she gave us to our grammas and until we moved back with her, then my dad got out of jail and got custody of us and here i am

and my mom had like post dramatic stress disorder but for a long time she just told me she was sick...never figured out what that was though

oh sry i didnt know you could edit them like that :shy:

...........i cant name my pre-school 1st 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th grade teacher......but i can remember my kindagarten teachers name......mrs chacha......now im kinda scaring myself
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by Bombs Or Skools O Bums Or me+Jan 17 2004, 12:02 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Bombs Or Skools O Bums Or me @ Jan 17 2004, 12:02 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'well ive talked to my mom about my childhood and lostsa stuff happened seems like i would remember, my dad hit someone drunk driving and went to jail and once he did my mom divorce him and me and my sister lived with her but my mom was really poor and she gave us to our grammas and until we moved back with her, then my dad got out of jail and got custody of us and here i am[/b]

Originally posted by Bombs Or Skools O Bums Or me@Jan 17 2004, 12:05 AM

and my mom had like post dramatic stress disorder but for a long time she just told me she was sick...never figured out what that was though

<!--QuoteBegin-Bombs Or Skools O Bums Or me
@Jan 17 2004, 12:10 AM

...........i cant name my pre-school 1st 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th grade teacher......but i can remember my kindagarten teachers name......mrs chacha......now im kinda scaring myself[/quote]

In the future: Please use the EDIT button to edit the first post and add to it and not post 3 times but post once. You can edit your own posts, just you cannot edit others.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

I cannot remember much from when I was younger than 10 either. If someone says alot about an incident it usually comes back to me, but I can rarely remember it off the top of my head.
NAAM
Hara-Kiri
Veteran

Post by Hara-Kiri »

I dont remember much from when I was younger than 10 either. My therapist says maybe I had some sort of traumatic experience and my brain like blocks all those memories. Im not sure about that, though. I can remember the things I am supposed to, like where we lived, or the name of the school I went to. Hmm maybe we are all crazy.
To feel the wind tearing at my clothes, the elements.

The only truth left in a world of lies and hypocrisy.

The beauty of the abyss.

The anticipation, like anticipating the greatest sex, an existential foreplay.

Looking down into oblivion and voidness.

The ground far, far away as it seems from here, but in reality only a couple of seconds away.

Standing there.

Feeling eternity in a restricted world.

Feeling a decision in a prefabricated existence.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

I just have a bad memory. I have never really had a traumatic experience. And I think most people who's doctors tell them this have not ether. It usually takes something incredible for the mind to decide to block out a large section of memory.
NAAM
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

In my early childhood class we went over something like this and I can't remember the age that we are actaully able to remember events that happened.. but it was something like maybe 7 or 8. Everything else like storys of things that happened or vacations we remember from what people have told us like our parents and we'll remember them telling us the story or from pictures. I wouldn't worry about it though if I were u.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy

How big of a thing does it take,cause i went through some stuff when i was younger but i dont think i went through anything that huge....i dont think
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Jeez Adam.. :S

I don't remember anything. I just look at pictures and little memories come back.
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image