Argumentative Essay

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Trapped
Veteran

Argumentative Essay

Post by Trapped »

I'm supposed to be writing an argumentative essay for my Rhetoric/Composition class...we were suppose to choose a topic and argue our side, but I'm having trouble finding the probem. My topic is Welfare Reform...Everything I find says the same thing basically...The welfare reform worked ( The Welfare reform Law of 1996), but it needs to be ammended and here's what needs to be done...I really don't see a downside...I'm suppose to present both sides, but I don't see an opposing side. I think Im limited to mabe 2 or 3 intrnet resources, but I dont' where to go for the others or how to find out the topic. Any help?
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Argumentative Essay

Post by SirPostAlot »

I really don't know what the Welfare Reform is, but everything has pros and cons...write about how "regular-middle class" people pay taxes to the state for the state to pay for the welfare...paying these taxes take money away from many families who need the money becusae of there children...Just read into it alittle more...there has to be some cons to it...