R.o.t.c.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

R.o.t.c.

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

I love it. at our school we are a.f.j.r.o.t.c. (air force) and i've been in it for 3 years and now an officer. i just want to know who likes it and if you can also say which branch your school rotc is..thankx :D
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
Adnama
Veteran

Re: R.o.t.c.

Post by Adnama »

I'm thinking i'll probably take it next year, causei need a P.E. credit
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

well in some schools, it can get rid of a p.e. credit and the second year a science credit plus a elective credit
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

IN our school its just a P.E... what i wanna know is how can be it be a science? o.o
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Sophizshoes
Loyal

Post by Sophizshoes »

i'm not in it but some of my friends are and they said it's fun but my dad is in the military and i have no desire to be anywhere near that field
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

well if your is a air force, then you learn about areospace and that is science. If yours is army then you can learn world history and get rid of a history credit. if yours is a navy or ariens...you can also learn history in the rotc and get rid of a history. it all depends on what school and rotc you r in.

nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

i've heard that name before but i've never found out what they do
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I don't really know what it is...but it kinda sounds like it deals w/ military, so i wouldn't be in it...i couldn't kill anyone...nor make it past basic training *feels skinny/non-muscular arms*
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

dragon angel ash, you already had a thread about your ROTC. but its cool, just pointing it out, maybe you wanna look back on that to see other responses.

im not in jrotc, nor would i want to be. at duniden we have the army branch, and i think at clearwater there is the marines or navy... one of the two.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Originally posted by flavaoftheweak@Jan 19 2004, 10:44 AM

dragon angel ash, you already had a thread about your ROTC. but its cool, just pointing it out, maybe you wanna look back on that to see other responses.

im not in jrotc, nor would i want to be. at duniden we have the army branch, and i think at clearwater there is the marines or navy... one of the two.

sorry i forgot i posted before.

but r.o.t.c. and j.r.o.t.c. is a military class but we are not tring to get people to join the real military we don't force people to fight it is just a class that just shows you some stuff (non killing stuff) about the military and its fun. you learn to drill(march) you learn how to work on a staff, you learn how to be respectful and you get to do things that no other high schooler can do. Yes you have to do push ups here and there but if you do what your told then there is no worries there. we are not tring to turn cadets into a slave drive we are just a group of teens that are just learning more about the world that others will never know about. Yes you have to wear a uniform but hey its only once a week and its not that bad. we also have fun too. its not just stand straight and march, we have drill comp. and also had field days where the schools meet up and do odd things like sack races, finding m&m's in pie, tc. (really odd and fun stupid stuff0 and you win a trophy. we also learn how to be more of a family and the core really watches out for you. its a great place to meet friends and make you find what makes you ..you. everyone has their own way of doing something and you learn how to take that and work as a team to finish a mission. i can go on and on ...really if you want to know more just pm me and i'll be more then happy to give ya more info. (sorry for spelling i'm really tired)