Contacts

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Contacts

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Yesterday, I got contacts for the first time.. I was REALLY excited.. because I have wanted to get them for forever .. but I just haven't had time to get them.. and I just don't like wearing glasses so I don't because they make me look goofy.. well anyways.. this morning I couldn't get them in.. I was freaking out and all upset and everything.. I couldn't stop shaking and I was crying which made it worse. Then when I finally got them in .. I put the one in wrong and it was really hurting. So my question is .. is it going to get any easier for me or should I just give up? :crying:
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Shwynsh
Veteran

Re: Contacts

Post by Shwynsh »

noooo do not give up. I've had contacts for two years.. and believe me, it gets easier. It took me about 30 minutes to put in each one the first time... it was SO hard.. and i couldn't get them out.. i was FREAKING out.. Now i put them in within 2 seconds each and same with taking out..

Just make sure you wash your hands, that your contact solution is clean, and that its the right way- you can look... it usually has the "1 2 3" on it... or its more curved when its the right way- And make sure the contact is clean too... good luck..

dont freak out.. even though i did too... lol :D
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
googlyeyeballs
Loyal

Post by googlyeyeballs »

it gets easier and you'll get more used to them over time, i've worn contacts forever so it's no big and they're much better than glasses, although i still wear my glasses once in a while. congrats on getting the contacts though.

Beth

If you need a friend

Try not to find one who sets the trend

Look for someone who indeed

Has a different sort of creed

Someone who loves you like a brother

Someone who shows you to care for oneanother

Look for a friend who knows you

Someone to be there for you

Look for someone who loves

Someone who prays to the one above

You won't ever have to be alone again

Because you have your friend

And your friend has you

Which is truly a different view
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

It will get soo much easier! When i first had them, it took me 10 min. to get one in!! I was soo paranoid and like examinited it soo much for hair or dust! Now (after almost a two years) i can put them in in like 10 sec...i can do it w/o a mirror...Don't give up! They are soo the best!

:)
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Thanks everyone.. I'll try and give them another shot!!! Mandy
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
asl129

Post by asl129 »

when I first got my contacts I couldn't get them in at all, I went back to the optomitrist and they told me make sure the finger you are using to put the contact in is completely dry because contacts like moisture. After about a year there was another morning I couldn't get it in and I actually had an eye exam that day they checked it out and it was defective, so once you get used to putting them in if you cant get it in it might not be you!! :) Keep trying they rock!!! :D
Daddys Girl
Loyal

Post by Daddys Girl »

You can do it. I still have glasses and although im getting contacts in a couple months. But dont worry you can do it. Good Luck
I know that time wont change a thing

If we're all moving in slow motion

It's hard to catch up

When the world is weighing you down

Tomorrow is always a brand new day.

You're the one thats always there

You make me smile like no one else

When you cry I want to die

And when you hold me,

I get all choked up inside

I love Chad.
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

give it a week or two and you will beable to pop them in and out at free will
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

Ofcourse it will get easier! Don't be silly! :P

They're just hard for the first few times, trust me. It'll be ok soon. You get the hang of it. :)
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

My friend (you know who you are...KBEL!) has wasted like, 392920 appointments with the opticians because she can't get her contacts in. I told her to give up. But she hasn't, so nor will you.

:) <---- let this smilie give you courage.
I wish I were a spy.
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Aww.. thanks everyone.. I still haven't tried them yet.. but I will. :hug: Mandy
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

i have contacts and i have been wearing them for years now....its hard at first for some people but just keep doing it and it will eventually get easier...goodluck! :hug:
weeble and bob

One of my favorites