Oratory/speech

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Adnama
Veteran

Oratory/speech

Post by Adnama »

Just some general help and suggestions here.

They're haveing me write an oratory [BIG speech] for speech and debate compitioin at school. This thing has to be around 7 minuets long, and MEMORIZED! Eek!

But i want to do it. I'm thinking of doing something on 'individuality' for it. We need a couple of referances and such. Does any one have any general kind of suggestions, ideas, things to include? Any one who's done this sort of thing have any advice? Memorazation techniques would be very nice... i have the memory of a gold fish.... lol.

I've no real due date, they'll sign me up to go give it when ever i'm ready, i could do it next year if thats what i takes.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Alias
Dedicated

Re: Oratory/speech

Post by Alias »

I had my oral speech a month ago but we were allowed to use power point presentations. However i take it that u have to memorize it so i advice flash cards maybe i mean u cant just stand empty handed no one can remeber everything !! Stay alone in a very quite place have all ur ideas arranged then imagine that u have an audience infront of u and let all flow !! You will remember all the next day :D ..

Good luck PM for help !!

Alias
pmfman
Veteran

Post by pmfman »

just blabble on about it and include in every detial, thats how i get around writing huege essays.
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

That might work well in school, to pass, but this is to compete with, i will be judged, and i want to do it pmfman :P

And thanks alias, but it has to be compleatly memorirzed, can't take any thing into the room to my knowlage.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

go over the material again and again reading over it out loud each time...do this at fast pace then slow...do that over and over again in that fashion and it will def get stuck in your head
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali