School OVERTIME!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
FranklinF
Veteran

School OVERTIME!

Post by FranklinF »

ok i have this class and we have to have 25 extra hours coming from our own personal time I HATE IT- MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: School OVERTIME!

Post by Jaegermeister »

It just get worse. Just wait until you get profs who are asking you to come to evening movie showings and other things on your own free time. It's part of school.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
WonderDream
Loyal

Post by WonderDream »

ugh thank the Lord! i dont have to do that, but i do have to go to SAT study sessions :(
STOP DROP KABOOM

there's gotta be more to life, then chasing around every temporary high, to satisfy me

-Stacie Orrico
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

i said yea but i think it depends what class it is
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
flavaoftheweak
Veteran

Post by flavaoftheweak »

i didnt vote, because imo, it depends. if it is persay a journalism class, and you needed to go in to edit something, or work on something, or do a story, then, of course it would require out of class time. in my opinion, if you want it bad enough, you'll do what it takes.
lets unwravel the egde of time...

without the bad times, the good times wouldnt be so sweet.

BAOF!

its the little things people say that make your whole day worthwile...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I think that it is dumb. I mean if the student needs help he should ask for help, not be dictated into getting help. Ya know? I mean i am pretty smart and rarly ask the teacher a question becauase i understand it in the regular school day, so why stay after? I say that it is a dumb practice and that if the student needs help, he/she can ask the teacher him/her self, and not have to do it for extra time.

~My Opinion~
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

i have to do a senior project to graduate....which involves 45 hours of out of school time, every senior has to do it
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali
dragonangel(ash)
Loyal

Post by dragonangel(ash) »

i'm already at school from 5:30a.m.-3:00p.m..... so what a few more hours? its only 9 1/2 hours im at school (high school) and I also have another school (night school) for 2 hours +total 11 1/2 hours but I still would like more classes...get it all and done with.
we are offered many paths in our lifes that can lead us sometimes to happyness .....but to get there, we must go not stand and wait for someone to take it for us.

bird go poof, goblin go splat!!!!!!

http://www.chat.webrpg.com
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

1) in college you dont spend 8+ hours at school so i wouldnt mind having to go in for a few extra hours

2) the class i am in is one where we build sets for the school plays/musicals and i really do lovethat class but i cant exactly do all of those hours because i have tons to do on the weekends but what ever ok but right now i am working on building fake windows and really doesnt require much overtime all i am doing is mega measuring and routing(sp!?) so it isnt that hard

3) i hate school the only thing good about it is it gets me away from my family

-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]