Wut's The Deal?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Opacus
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Wut's The Deal?

Post by Opacus »

every nine weeks it's the same thing. report cards and semester grades are anything but something to look forward to. i'm in all weighted classes except math (and even in there i'm doin aight) and i make good overall grades but i don't know how. most of my friends r smarter'n me and yet i'm the one w/ nothing lower than a B and they all have C's and D's:huh:. it may just be self esteem but i doubt it. some explination plez?

-thanx

--opacus
faith
Veteran

Re: Wut's The Deal?

Post by faith »

i know its hard not to compare urself to ur friends but u really gotta stay away from that. it sound stupid buts its totally true.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
googlyeyeballs
Loyal

Post by googlyeyeballs »

i'm kinda smart and i have low grades because i just don't care....could be the same with your friends...

If you need a friend

Try not to find one who sets the trend

Look for someone who indeed

Has a different sort of creed

Someone who loves you like a brother

Someone who shows you to care for oneanother

Look for a friend who knows you

Someone to be there for you

Look for someone who loves

Someone who prays to the one above

You won't ever have to be alone again

Because you have your friend

And your friend has you

Which is truly a different view
FallonCeceAda
Loyal

Post by FallonCeceAda »

Some people are smart in different ways.

Kids in my class think I am a genius, which really gets on my nerves, cause I know I'm not. I have to work twice as hard as they do because I have a learning disability. (Sort of, I was devoloped about 2 years late) They slack off and think there gonna get all A's and get mad at me for getting A's. If I could get almost all A's, believe me, with some hard work, anyone can. I just have america's long lost friend called Common Sense.
I was talking to God, and I asked him

"God why don't you create a scientist who can find the cure for AIDS/HIV and Cancer? Why can't you send a leader to give world peace?"

You know what God said?

"I did, but you all killed them in the womb."

I am a Army JROTC Cadet Private

I am 100% Pro-Life

I am Catholic

I am Drug Free

But most of all,

I am "Me"
B_Lo
Loyal

Post by B_Lo »

grades are a constant stress to anyone who struggles or has demanding parents...you might just get things a lot ezier than your friends right now, but that could change so take advantage of your gift while ur ahead
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossibloe is not a fact, it's an option/ Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary

Impossible is nothing- Muhammad Ali
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Yeah I know. Grades are dumb because they only measure ONE aspect of intelligence. I think we ought to respect people for other talents more than just the academic side.

FallonCeceAda - I know how you feel. My friends get mad at me for getting good grades, but I work really hard. And you never get praise for getting good marks, only criticism for bad ones. If I get a mark the same as one of my friends, the teacher gives negative comments to me and positive to my friend. Hurts, don't it?
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace